This Addition Clouds activity is an easy and fun way to introduce the concept of addition to preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children. In this spring math activities for preschoolers, children will solve simple addition problems using fingerpaint to add raindrops underneath each cloud. Not only is this a fun math activity for preschool, but a fantastic way to visually see the answers and be fully engaged while having a ton of fun! Use this in your spring preschool to make learning fun!
Introducing math to preschoolers and kindergartners can be confusing, difficult and a lot to handle. However, it doesn’t have to be! If you’re involving the child hands-on, keeping them fully engaged and excited through-out learning, they’ll be thrilled to explore new subjects and lessons any day. This Addition Clouds math craft is great fun for kids and a great learning activity too. Use this preschool spring math in your spring preschool or spring theme to make learning fun!
Preschoolers are visual learners and in this activity they see the math problems written out on each cloud, which helps them familiarize with reading and understanding them. Once they’ve solved the problem, they’ll be using the fingerpaint to stamp on the correct sum of raindrops right under the cloud, working on and improving fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. This spring activities for preschoolers; just add this to your spring lesson plans for preschoolers
Spring math activities for preschoolers
To set-up this fun preschool activity for spring you’ll need:
- White cardstock
- Light blue cardstock
- Craft scissors
- Blue fingerpaint
- Colored permanent markers (I love how practical and bold they are)
Start by free-hand drawing clouds on the light blue cardstock, making them about 2″ x 3″. Draw as many clouds as you want to have addition problems, we did 5 (your clouds don’t have to be perfect, kids won’t notice I promise). Cut them all out.
Now glue the clouds onto the white cardstock, spacing them out a bit. Using the colored permanent markers write simple math problem right on the clouds.
Addition activities for preschoolers
Your Addition Clouds are now ready to be solved! Have the preschooler say the problem out loud, count and solve it. Using the fingerpaint stamp the correct sum of raindrops under the cloud.
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- Foam Rainbow Activity for Preschoolers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Fill-In Math Cards, Post-It Math and Salt Tray Math for more counting fun!
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Ladybug Counting Mats – playdough activity using a ten frame
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Umbrella Letter Matching Printable
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners