Kids will love this super cute, construction preschool phonics activity! In this beginning sounds activity preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children will practice identify what sounds letters make to match the forklift with the correct box. Children can also work on matching upper and lowercase letters by adding a 2nd box to each construction vehicle. Use this with a constrution theme or hands-on Simply print pdf file with initial sounds activities and you are ready to play and learn using construction activities for preschoolers.
This preschool phonics game makes it fun for kids to begin learning how letters make sounds which will eventually lead them to putting sounds together to make words and sentences. It all starts with learning the sounds letters make! Kids will have fun with this Beginning sounds activity where they will not only match by initial sound, but can also matching upper and lowercase letters with a clever construction theme perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students.
Beginning sounds activity
Letter sounds for preschoolers
There are several options with these construction activities for preschoolers. You will need the truck pages either way. Then pick either the picture boxes and/or letter boxes.
Now, print out the pages in color on cardstock or laminate for durability.
Beginning letter sounds
Cut the uppercase letter trucks along the lines. Then cut out the boxes you are using.
Beginning sounds games
Kids will say the picture on the box out loud and listen for the beginning sound. Then put the box on the truck with the letter sound they hear in this phonics game for kids.
Matching upper and lowercase letters
Depending on what your child is ready for you can also add on matching uppercase and lowercase letters by adding the lowercase letter box to each forklift as well. I love adaptable activities that focus on a variety of skills! Use as a beginning sound activity or upper and lowercase matching activity, or BOTH!
Construction activities for kids
Looking for more fun, FREE, and clever construction activities for preschoolers? Add these construction theme ideas to your lesson plans:
- Try this Construction Free Phonics Game where kids will listen for beginning sounds and put that box on the correct truck. There are optional boxes to match upper and lowercase letters too!
- Construction Worksheets. to practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Constructin preschool sight word activities with a fun-to-play, free printable board game!
- Tools matching upper and lowercase letters game printable
- Construction theme Preschool with lots of clever and fun ideas
- Tools Playdough Mats
- Construction Playdough Mats – Counting to 20 Math Activity for Preschoolers
- Trace the Alphabet Letters on these cute Construction Printables
- HUGE pack of Construction Worksheets for practicing a variety of skills
- Free printable letter tracing construction worksheet
- I know my Tools Printable Reader for Construction Worksheets
- Construction Printables Letter Tracing Strips
- EPIC Construction SLIME recipe for playing with construction trucks laying a road
Celebrate summer with these adorable, FREE printable Summer Printable Hat Crafts
Or enjoy these NO PREP Free Summer Number Worksheets for Preschoolers that teach counting, writing numbers, missing numbers, number order, and more with a fun summer twist.
Looking for more fun, free alphabet printables? You will love these engaging abc printable activities:
- Printable ABC Crafts
- Construction Free Phonics Games
- Tools matching lowercase and uppercase letters Activity
- Free Printable popsicle stick letters
- Watermelon Alphabet Mat
- Zoo Animals Uppercase letters tracing free printables from A to Z
- Fruit Loop Alphabet Mat
- Back to School ABC Games
- Letter Identification Worksheets
- Super Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Simple Preschool Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Hats
Don’t miss these free alphabet printables for making learning your ABCs fun and engaging! We also have lots of free preschool math, preschool crafts, books for preschoolers, and playdough mats. Plus we have lots of clever ideas in our preschool themes with a full weeks worth of educational activities.
Moving ABC Game
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!