Celebrate the arrival of spring with a pretty butterfly craft! This cheery butterfly suncatcher is super simple to make with our butterfly printable and makes a lovely decoration to brighten your window. This sunctacher craft for preschoolers is such a fun spring craft for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students that requires no prep and no special materials! Simply download pdf file with butterfly coloring page and you are ready to make a beautiful butterfly craft for preschoolers.
Spring is right around the corner. I can almost feel the warmth of the sun on my skin as I write this. Sort of, because really it is still winter and still so cold. But fun projects, like this Butterfly Sun Catcher, can help it feel a bit more like spring, even when it’s still a couple weeks away. Sun catchers are a super simple way to brighten up and add color to any room. Windows bring in so much light, there is always something special about adding fun colors and designs to them. Sun catchers are a super simple way to do this.
Butterfly suncatcher craft
For this sun catcher all you need is a few things:
- The printable butterfly
- Crayons, colored pencils, or markers.
Butterfly craft for preschoolers
The first thing we did was pick the colors that we wanted to use. We chose spring-ish colors but bright ones. We wanted to make sure that the colors would show through, and not be washed out with the light coming through the window.
Suncatcher craft for preschoolers
Next, color the various shapes inside the butterfly. The only thing that I made sure we did is to not put the same color in shapes that are next to each other. Besides that, though, we had no rules. We just picked on a whim and colored all of the shapes.
Once it is all colored, you can cut it out. We cut around the outline of the butterfly.
Spring craft for preschoolers
When it was all cut out, we chose a window that let in the most light and taped it up. Just one piece of tape worked perfectly.
You could even do more than one butterfly in the window and have a window full of colorful butterflies. The different shapes make it super fun and it almost looks like stained glass. We love it so much and it helps us remember that spring is actually not that far off!
Butterfly Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun butterfly activities, butterfly crafts, and butterfly printables to add to your day or butterfly theme? Try these:
- Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet Pack for kids
- Beautiful Butterfly Craft for Preschoolers with shapes
- Life Cycle of a Butterfly Worksheet and Observation Book
- Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- Butterfly Math – addition mats for pre-k and kindergarteners
- Free Rhyming Activities – Butterfly Puzzles
- 29 Pretty Butterfly Crafts for Kids
- Butterfly Math – Missing Addend Activity for Kindergarten
- Addition Butterfly Math Puzzles
- B is for Butterfly activities for toddler and preschoolers
- Butterfly Subtraction for Kindergarten
- Pop-up Butterfly Craft
- FREE Printable Number Sense Butterfly Activities for Preschoolers
- Cute Bowtie Past Butterfly Craft for Kids
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Umbrella Letter Matching Printable
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Butterfly Template Printable
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!