Learn about community helpers for kids with these free community helpers printable; it is a great way for children to learn about the the members of our community and the essential positions that they hold. Simply download pdf file with Community Helpers Matching activity to help teach preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade kids students about various community jobs along with ruled piper for working on writing too.
Community Helpers Matching
These Community Helpers Matching cards are easy to prepare, just print, cut and laminate for durability and you have a fun community themed game ready to go for your students from preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. While completing the activities in this free printable pack, children will be learning about 37 different community helpers for kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will find these free printable community helper cards handy for a social studies lesson about my community, expanding horizons, or jobs in my community. Use this as a center in your classroom, extra practice, or as a supplement to your homeschool curriculum.
Community Helpers Printable
The community helpers included in this pack are: doctor, nurse, business man, business woman, teacher, construction worker, farm, fisherman, lifeguard, oil worker, ranger, ski guide, tour guide, waiter, waitress, chef, crossing guard, detective, fire fighter, trash collector, mail man, mechanic, police officer, veterinarian, air stewardess, astronaut, bank clerk, bell boy, janitor / custodian, dentist, hair dresser, judge, news report, pilot, plumber, soldier, and zoo keeper.
Community Helpers for Kids
There are lots of fun ways to teach kids about community helpers in their city. Here are some fun community helper ideas for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers!
Community Helpers Preschool
There are 37 different matching cards. Card one contains a sentence, ‘Who am I?’ as well as a picture of a worker. This card can be shown to a child and they can answer just by looking at the picture. This card can also be used to match with the second card on the page. This card says, ‘I am a ….’ and contains the same picture of a worker. The position that this person holds in written in dotted form, which children can practice tracing and spelling.
Community helpers activities
The second activity in this pack involves children practicing their handwriting and letter formation skills. There is one worksheet that can be printed out multiple times or can be laminated and children can use a dry-erase marker to complete the activities. There is a spot in the top left hand side of the page for children to place one of the ‘Who am I?’ cards. Then there is a second set of cards with the name of the profession written on it in lines, showing children how to correctly write it. Children can find the matching card and then practice writing the name of the position that the community worker holds.
Community Helpers Kindergarten
These cards can also be used in other memory and matching games as well as ones like Fish or Snap.
Community Helpers Activities
- Where do I Live – free printable project and fun idea for explaining how you live in a house, on a block, in a city, in a state, etc.
- Free Community Helpers Coloring Pages
- All About Me Kindergarten (Expanding horizons social studies unit to teach kids about themselves, My Family, My Neighborhood, My Community Unit with lots of ideas & resources
- Lego All About Me Worksheet
- HUGE Pack of Firefighter Worksheets to practice a variety of skills with kids 3-8
- Community Heroes Lego Challenge
- Free Printable Community Signs Worksheets
- Community Helpers Crafts and Activities
- Printable Community Helper Writing Prompts
- Community Workers Reader
- Dress the Community Worker
- Community Workers Clip Cards
- Community Helpers Book Printable
- Doctor Pretend Play Printables
- Community Helpers Printable Wheel
- Construction Activities and Printables for Kids
- Farm Activities and Printables for Kids
Download Community Helpers Printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!