Help kids practice counting and recognizing numbers to 12 with this super cute spring activity for preschoolers! In this spring math, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children will help the frog find an umbrella to keep him out of the spring rain by matching numbers. Then add raindrops with dot stickers or crayons to work on number sense as they represent the numberal. Simply download pdf file with spring printable and you are ready for spring math for preschool.
Spring activities for preschoolers
Looking for a fun way to get kids to count and show their numbers? These fun spring activities for preschoolers is a clever math activity for your spring theme. In this spring printable for preschool, children will peek under the umbrella flap and match the frog with the umbrella with the same numbers. Next, using the spring printable preschoolers and kindegartnesr will add raindrops to the umbrella to represent the numberal. ! Learners will identify the number on each card and then use dot stickers to form that many raindrops to represent the number under each flap.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this engaging spring math activity for preschoolers! Use this at home, in the classroom as a spring math center, or in your homeschool coop.
All you need for this fun spring math activity are a few simple materials along with our free spring printable
- A4 paper
- Dot stickers
Print as many cards as you need for the number of students in your class (you could play these in groups). The numbers include up to 12, so counting with these should be fun! You could also use different kinds of stickers.
Hand out a sheet for practice for each student (choose from numbers 1-4, 5-8, 9-12). Instruct the students that they will need to help the frogs under the umbrella to protect them from the rain. They will identify the number shown on the umbrella and they count and use dot stickers to place that many dots onto the umbrella OR inside the flap You could totally use the numbers 1-4 with preK kids if they’re just starting out with their one-to-one correspondence. If they aren’t ready for matching number objects, have them match the frogs to the flaps (digit to digit matching) and colour their responses.
The best part about this activity is that it provides practice on several skills: counting, matching, number recognition and one to one correspondence.
These task can easily be differentiated with your learners. So have the younger kids work on identifying the numbers and more advanced learners working on their counting one-to-one skills and showing the number.
This activity is hands-on and perfect for kids to use when they need a refresher or some more counting games and activities. Kids will love counting using kids on the bus! What a great way to reinforce a love of learning math!
Preschool Math Activities
You may also enjoy these other great activities:
- Practice forming shapes with these FUN Road Shape Mats
- Addition Clouds Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Pirate Number Tracing Worksheets PDF
- Sandcastle Count & Trace Summer Theme Preschool
- Ice Cream Math Preschool Task Cards
- Fun, free printable Goldfish Counting Activity
- Hopping Numbers, Pirate Printables, Vegetable Cards
- Preschool Zoo Printables to play and learn with animal COOKIES
- Counting Activity for your Watermelon Theme
- Farm Animals Worksheets Trace the Numbers
- Super clever Spider Counting Activity
- Free Printable Dump Truck Counting Mat
- Zoo Animals Color by Number WOrksheets
- Number COloring Pages
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Days of the Week Worksheets
- Play and Learn with this Free Shape BINGO Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Counting Book Insect Printables for Preschoolers
- Super cute and FREE Fingerprint Counting Printables
- Free Printable Traceable Calendars (updated annually)
- Super Cute Playdough Number Mats
- Handy and super cute, Free Pattern Worksheets
Spring preschool printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!