Young learners will have fun exploring star patterns with this fun, Constellation Printables Wheel. This free constellation printables is great for an introduction to our solar system, to use with a hands-on constellations activity, or a variety of other uses with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. Simply print pdf file with the star wheel printable and you are ready to play and learn abou tthe stars in the night sky!
Free constellation printables pdf
Stars are fascinating to young children. At night they seem to appear out of nowhere and brighten up the black sky in a dazzling display! Did you know stars are luminous balls of gas held together by their own gravity? Or perhaps that stars twinkle in the night sky because of the effects of our atmosphere? Even though there are 250 billion stars in our galaxy, only about 2000 of them are visible to you on any given night. A constellation is a group of visible stars that form a pattern when viewed from Earth. Many constellations take the shape of animals, people, or objects.
Constellations are a fun way for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students to begin to learn about the universe, galaxy, and solar system they live in. Stars have such an appeal to kids as they wonder about these beautiful night lights in the sky. I mean, nursery rhymes like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star get them thinking about stars from the time they can think.
Constellation wheel printable
This handy free printable is a great way to help kids explore the stars! Whether you are a parent looking for a fun, hands on educational activity for summer learning or a homeschooler looking for an addition to your astronomy for kids or solar system unit. Or perhaps you are a teacher looking for something to add to your stars science center in your classroom. No matter how you want to use this kids activity with your students – this handy, low prep stars activity is just what you’ve been looking for.
Simply print the 2 pages. The pages are in black and white to save you on printer costs. You can print on cardstock (fun colored sheets in blue, green, yellow, purple, pink, or white) or plain printer paper – your choice.
Free constellation printables
Color the night stars wheel using crayons, colored pencils, gel pens, or whatever other art supply you have on hand.
Now, using scissors, carefully cut around the circle along the solid lines. You should now have one circle, and one pacman shaped circle.
Put the pacman on top of the constellations printable and insert a brad through the dot in the middle to make the project spin.
Constellations printable pdf
Now spin the constellations wheel to learn the names and see the patterns made by 8 common constellations. Use these to learn vocabulary, identify stars in the sky, or with other hands-on activities.
Solar System Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands on science activities to teach kids about astronomy or to round out your solar system for kids unit. You will love these hands on solar system activities and lessons:
- The Sun Activities for Kindergarten – learn about the sun and how the planets orbit around it including a fun planets game for kids!
- Moon Activities for Kids & Astronauts Too – make oreo moon phases, DIY telescope, learn about the astronauts who landed on the moon, and more!
- Inner Planets for Kids (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars) – Use our free planet worksheets and fun hands-on activities like Mercury craters, Venus’ melting rocks, layers of the earth, and Erupting Mars Volcano
- Outer Planets for Kids (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune) – combination of hands-on solar system projects and solar system printables; gaseous Jupiter, Saturn Rocket, plus cloudy Uranus and Neptune.
- Pluto, Asteroid Belt, Comets, and Stars for Kids – make a FUN constellation projector, cold Pluto ice cream project, and grape constellation project
- Yarn Solar System Project – fun, unique, and easy solar system model that is cheap and so pretty!
- Paint Stick Solar System Project – easy-to-make solar system model for kids that doubles as an activity for learning the names and order of the planets
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations – fun hands on pipe cleaner constellations activity for kids
- Simple Galaxy Science Experiments
- Looking for more fun, engaging, creative, and memorable moon projects for kids? You will love this 50 Moon Activities for Kids & Crafts collection with the best ideas from the whole internet!
- TONS of really cool Solar System Project Ideas for kids of all ages
Free Solar System Printables
Plus, don’t forget to add these free solar system worksheets and printables to your lesson plan:
- HUGE pack of FREE Solar System Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Planet worksheets for kindergarten with solar system themed math and literacy activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students
- Simple Astronaut Coloring Pages
- Space Worksheets Preschool
- Free Constellation Activity Sheets
- Solar System Coloring Pages to read, learn, and color the solar system
- Printable Free Constellations Printable pdf for children to learn about stars and the patterns they make in the night sky
- Cootie Catcher Constellation Activities for Kids
- Free Constellation Cards
- Moon Phases Kindergarten Worksheets – HUGE pack!
- Planets Solar System for Kids pdf Book for students to learn about all the planets in our solar system
- Moon Phases Printable Mini Book for kids to learn about the phases of the moon
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Look Inside a Volcano Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
- Simple Ice and salt experiment
- Simple Light Bulb Experiment
Star wheel printable
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to grab their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!