Kids will have so much fun choosing lion paw alphabet cards and tracing their letters with this fun and effective, ABC Match literacy center.
Work on identifying lowercase letters or uppercase letter formation as the students choose a card, say the letter name and find its match on their recording sheet. The children will be working on identifying their letters and forming their letters in ABC Match activity! This works great for kids who are struggling with identifying their letters like ELL / ESL kids. The lion paw themed cards will spike the child’s interest as they pick a card and say the letter name.
The kids will ABC Match and Trace or rainbow trace their letters, use crayons, markers or coloring pencils. To make this a versatile and re-usable activity, you can also choose to laminate the recording sheet and have the kids use dry erase markers on the sheet as they work on their letter identification and formation skills.
Upgrade this activity with a fun sensory bin and use ‘brown sand’ within the tub along with the paw cards.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love this super cute lion themed alphabet activity for toddler, preschool, pre k and kindergarten age students! Use it with an animal theme, literacy center in your classroom, summer learning, zoo weekly theme, or any other enrichment activity you’d like.
Set out a crayon, marker, or pencil to use with the recording sheet, or laminate the sheet and use with a dry erase marker to do the fun alphabet activity again and again! This is great practice for preschoolers, prek, and kindergartners.
Alphabet Tracing Worksheets
If your student is a fan of the carnivorous animal the lion, the Disney movie The Lion King, or the Disney Junior show The Lion Guard, they will enjoy this themed activity for practicing tracing letters and working letter discrimination at the same time.
If you just can’t wait to be king…. you will start by stacking Simba’s Paw Alphabet Cards in the middle of the table. Now hand out a recording sheet to each student in the group. Explain that they are to choose one card at a time. They say the letter on the card (there are letters from A to Z) and then find it on their ABC Printable recording sheet.
Next up they will trace their abcs – we like to use a rainbow trace (or use markers, scented markers, colored pencils, highlighters and more) the letters on their recording sheet. They repeat this process until they’ve colored or traced all the letters on their sheet!
Looking for more free alphabet printables for practicing forming upper and lowercase letters? Try these clever resources:
- Apple Alphabet Tracing
- Winter Letter Tracing
- Sun Letter Tracing
- St Patricks Alphabet Tracing
- Construction Tracing Alphabet Letters
- Alphabet Tracing Popsicles
- Reusable Alphabet Tracing Strips
- Plus don’t miss these Printable Alphabet Crafts
- And these super cute, NO PREP Alphabet Coloring Pages
See all of our Preschool Alphabet resources!
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Dental Tracing Pages
- Alphabet Printable using Bingo Daubers
- Sandcastle Alphabet Tracing
- ABC Tracing
- Preschool Alphabet Worksheets
- Fish Find the Letter Worksheets
- Kindergarten Alphabet Worksheets
- Monster Alphabet Tracing
- Disney Alphabet Tracing
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!