Sneak in some practice counting to 10 with this summer themed, super cute, printable Summer Puzzles for Counting with Toddlers.
Count to 10
Summer is coming. It’ll be here before we know it. Who else is excited for playing outside and eating popsicles for lunch? These summer counting puzzles are just as exciting! They have fun summer themed pictures and will be perfect for helping children learn to and practice counting to 10 in the summer months of June, July, and August.
Count to 10 Printables
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, these puzzles will help children in summer school to recognize numbers 1-10 as well as work on number order. Plus, they are self checking. Toddler, preschool, and pre k students love puzzles!
Each puzzle has 10 different strips. Each strip includes a part of the main picture as well as a small square on the bottom with a number. When the puzzle is complete, the numbers will go in order from 1 to 10. Both puzzles have an Easter themed scene on it.
Counting with Toddlers
Simply print the page in color on cardstock or laminate for durability. We all know that paper has no hope when it comes to toddlers and preschoolers. Laminating will help keep the puzzle pieces safe and you’ll be able to use them for a long while! Then, cut out the puzzle into strips. Store the math game in a ziplock bag or envelope to take out whenever you want to sneak in some summer learning with your kiddo.
Counting with Preschoolers
When you have prepped the activity you can present the puzzle as a whole first. This way the child can see what they are working towards when they are putting the puzzle together. Or for more of a challenge, mix up the pieces and present it this way.
If your children get frustrated easily, putting velcro dots on the back of the puzzle pieces can help. You can have the child put the puzzle together on a felt board or connect the opposite side of the velcro dot to a plain piece of laminated paper.
However you present this to your child, they will have so much summertime fun putting together the puzzles and counting too!
Looking for more fun, free preschool activities to learn a variety of skills? Check out these resources:
- Monster Shape Printable – use with play doh or dry erase mearkers
- Pirate Color by Number Worksheets are a great way to work on number recognition
- Number Tracing Sandcastles are perfect for not only counting by writing numbers too
- Count to 20 Hole Punching, Alphabet Muching is great for practicing counting and strengthening hand muscles
- Watermelon Seed Playdough Mats practice counting and using fine motor skills too
- Animal Cookies Count to 10 – play and learn with your food!
- Find the Letter Fish Aquarium fun
- Construction Phonics Game for emerging readers
- Upper and Lowercase Letters Matching Tools
- Flower Upper and Lowercase Letter Matching
- Free Printable Letter Crafts for Preschoolers
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages for learning vocabulary and phonemic awareness
- Ice Cream Patterns for Kids using play doh
Download Summer Counting Puzzles
Before you download your Frog-Themed Number Game Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
>> Download Summer Math <