Kids will go nuts over this fun, easy-to-make homemade kaleidoscope! All you need are a few simple, common household items to make a homemade kaleidoscope craft. This project is really fun and perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too. The possibilities for personalization are endless with this home made kaleidoscope activity. Find out how to make kaleidoscope at home with our simple instructions.
One of my favorite toys to play with growing up was a simple kaleidoscope. I know, it is so basic, but so much fun! I loved turning it and seeing all the different patterns and colors that would move to make a new, beautiful image. Did you know you can make a homemade kaleidoscope easy? This is such a fun, easy preschool crafts idea for parents, teachers, daycare providers, librarys, and homeschoolers alike! All you need are a couple simple materials to make this simple kaleidoscope project! Plus, this is really a great STEM Project for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students as they design their home made kaleidoscope.
homemade kaleidoscope easy
All you need to make this fun, engineering science experiment
- Pringles can (or similar)
- construction paper
- spray adhesive
- hammer and nail (use carefully with adult supervison only)
- clear glue
- sequins and more glitter
- colored tissue paper
how to make kaleidoscope at home
Start by spraying advesive on the construction paper color of your choice.
easy preschool crafts
Cover the entire sheet with an even level of glitter.
home made kaleidoscope
Once the glitter is securely in place and the glue has dried, roll the paper with the glitter side inwards and slide it into an empty, wiped clean Pringles can. Tack the paper down with glue if necessary and cut off any excess that is sticking from the can.
how to make a kaleidoscope without mirrors
Carefully, with adult supervision, use a hammer and a nail to punch a hole in the center of the bottom of the can. This is what you will be looking through to see the light show, so make sure you can see through it well.
homemade kaleidoscope craft
Use clear, liquid glue to cover the inside lid of the Pringles can with sequins and glitter.
To mix up the look, you can also tear up bits of different colored tissue paper and glue to the outside of the Pringle lid.
Easy crafts for preschoolers
Now that the inside is complete, it’s time to decorate the outside of your kaleidiscope! You can use additional construction paper, glue, and sequens – or any other decorative item you can dream up!
Easy summer crafts for preschoolers
Once everything is dry, put the lid on the can and find some light to enjoy your kaleidoscope. Twist the lid to enjoy the changing effect.
Easy homemade kaleidoscope
Kids will go nuts over this fun, EASY how to make a homemade kaleidoscope craft project at home. This activity is fun for all ages!
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Simple Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Free Beach Worksheets for Kids
- Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- July Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- July Activities for Kids
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- EASY, Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids