This super cute name craft is perfect for October! Simply print the spider printable pdf to make this name craft for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners. Children will work on letter recogniton and learning their name as they make the spider craft and add in all the spider letters of their name. This is such a fun halloween activity!
If you are looking for a fun name activity for preschool to use in the fall, this spider name craft is sure to be a hit. Just print the printable spider template, grab some glue and construction paper and you you are ready to get started with this fun spider activity. Use this spider activitiy for preschoolers during October as part of your halloween theme at home or in the classroom.
Name Activity for Preschool
All you need to make this fun Halloween name craft are a few simple materials you probably already have in your craft supplies:
- black construction paper
- liquid glue
- glitter – we suggest white, green, and purple
- letter spider printable (template below)
On black construction paper draw a spider web with glue.
Make the web really big so it fills the page. Also, you want it to be tight so the spiders have somewhere to hold onto.
HINT: If you are doing this with young children you can make a web in pencil and your child can trace over the pencil in glue.
Name Craft for Preschoolers
Sprinkkle with glitter to coat. Shake off loose glitter back into your glitter bag or in the garbage to avoid making a mess. Allow the project to dry thoroughly.
Spider activity for Kindergarten
Now cut out the spiders containing the letters to spell your name. Add the spiders in the correct order to spell your name.
Personally, I like the non-traditionally colored spider webs as they are more spooky and feel perfect for Halloween. So if you are using this in the spring or early fall, white is great. But if you are doing it as a halloween activity for kids I suggest one of the more dramatic colors.
Spider Activity for Preschoolers
This is such a fun, hands-on way for kids to learn their names and practice spelling their name one letter at-a-time.
- Hole Punching Pumpkin Craft for Preschoolers
- 100 Pumpkin Crafts for First Grade
- Printable Hats make cute Fall Crafts for preschoolers – so many choices
- Beautiful Cardboard Tube Stamped Fall Tree Craft
- Cute Corn Wreath Craft for Kids
- Fun-to-Make Yarn Pumpkins Craft for Kids
- Paint Swatch Pumpkin Craft for Preschoolers
- Scented Pumpkin Puffy Paint Craft for Fall
- Halloween Jack-o-Lantern Craft for kids
- Silly Spider Name Craft Activity for Preschoolers with FREE Printable
- 31 October Crafts for Kids
- Turkey Pumpkin Seed Craft
- Gummy Worm Slime
- Octoboer Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun pumpkin activity and craft ideas to try this autumn? Check out these fun ideas:
- Create a Jack-o-Lantern with this amazing Scented Rice Pumpkin Activity
- 50 fun Pumpkin Activities
- Edible Peep Pumpkin Playdough
- Pumpkin Goop with real pumpkin guts!
- Rubberband Pumpkin Craft for kids
- EASY, Edible Pumpkin Cloud Dough
- Edible candy corn playdough recipe you MUST try!
- Amazing Spider SLime
Halloween Science Experiments
- Flying Film Canister Ghost Rockets
- Frankenstein’s Hand Halloween Science Experiment
- Quickly Growing Pumpkin Science Experiment
- This Why Do Leaves Change Color experiment is one of our favorite that is so simple and yet so clever!
- Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkin Volcano Halloween Science Experiments
- Errupting Halloween Pumpkin Volcano Science Experiments
- Not-so-Spooky Halloween Ghost Science Experiment
- Exploding Pumpkin Science Experiment for October
- Dissolving Candy Halloween Science Experiments
- Frankenworms Halloween Science Experiment
- Melting Pumpkins Science Experiment for October
- EASY Static Electricity Ghost Experiment
- Halloween Lava Lamp Science Experiment
October Science Printables
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheets pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Bat Life Cycle Worksheets
- Free Spider Life Cycle Worksheets
- Worm Worksheets – practice math, alphabet, literacy, and more!
- Growing Worms Observation Book
- All About Worms Worksheets
- Work on number bonds to 10 with these pumpkin math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Super cute pumpkin counting activity piling the “whip cream” on the pie slice
- Work on 0ne-to-one correspondence with this pumpkin math for Kindergarten
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes printable playdough mats
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense pumpkin activity for preschoolers
- Work on counting, adding on, and using a number line with this pumpkin counting activity
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Matching Games for Preshoolers
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this pumpkin math activity for pre-k
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Pumpkin Shapes Printable game for kids
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Printable Letter Tracing strips
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Game
- This find the letter pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Kids will love this phonics Pumpkin Activity for Kindergarten where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Pumpkin Letters for tracing alphabet with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Practice reading with these cute, clever and FREE Word Family Sliders Pumpkin Activity for Kindergarten
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activity for Kindergarten
- These super cute Pumpkin Letters and sounds puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzle pumpkin activities
- You’ll love these no-prep Pumpkin Worksheets where students will color by vowels
- These Pumpkin worksheets and printable activities work on rhyming skills to improve reading and spelling
- Find the Letter Alphabet Pumpkin Worksheets
- Printable October Writing Prompts
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Spider Letters <<