Learning our names is one of the first words that we learn how to spell and write. It is important but it is also our identity and that makes it even better. Learning how to spell their names does not have to be boring for kids, though. It is inherently exciting, so why tnot make the activity exciting too. This name rocket craft is a fun space craft for preschoolers. This name craft for preschoolers is perfect for a space theme, or solar system for kids lesson. This name activities for kindergarten, preschool, and pre-k can help them learn how to spell their names while having out of this world fun!
Space Craft for Preschoolers
It may take a bunch of practice for kids to learn how to spell their name properly. A name craft for preschoolers is a fun preschool name activities for helping children learn to recognize and spell their name. Use this space craft for preschool activity like this space craft can help so much. They can hang it on the wall when it is done to be a reference that they can look back on to practice their name spelling without guidance.
Name Craft for Preschoolers
This preschool name ideas is a super cute name recognition activity perfect if you are doing a space week. It includes a rocket, stars, moon, planets and more. While we didn’t add legitimate planets and stars, it is still fun for a space theme. All you need to make this space craft are a few simple materials you probably already ahve on hand.
- Black Cardstock
- Glitter Glue Pens
- Sticky Foam
Name Rocket Craft
Start by cutting squares from the foam. We did one for each letter of my daughter’s name. I knew that there were 5 letters, so I eyeball measured to make sure that they would all fit on the paper. We then cut a triangle out of foam too, for the top of the rocket.
You can have your child write one letter one each square, or you can write it.
Preschool Name Activities
Since we used sticky foam, we were able to pull off the backing and stick them right to the paper. If yours isn’t sticky, you can glue it on. You could also use construction paper and glue that on.
Once the rocket is attached, it’s time to create the rest of the space scene. We used glitter pens so that they would show up on the black paper. If you only have markers or colored pencils, just use a white piece of paper.
Name activities for kindergarten
We drew on stars, planets and moons. As I said before, this is not planets, stars and moons out of an encyclopedia, but it is still fun. It helps preschoolers understand what is in space, even if it is not absolutely to the correct specifications.
Now that it is created, let the glitter glue dry and you have a fun space reference to help kids practice their name whenever they would like.
Constellations for kids
Looking for more fun, engaging constellations activities for kids? Try these free constellation ideas!
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations – fun, hands on activity for kids of all ages
- Free Printable Constellation Flashcards – I love that this set includes pictures for what shape the constellations make to help it be memorable with young learners
- Learn shapes with this fun Flashlight Constellations
- Constellations Printable Mini Book
- Skip Counting Constellations Printable combines practicing counting by 2s, 5s, and 10s with dot to dot constellations!
- Fun-to-make Cootie Catcher Constellation Printable
Solar System Activities for Kids
Did you enjoy this hands-on constellation building task? You will love these other fun, creative space themed activities:
- Chalk Solar System Game
- Paint Stick Solar System Project for Kids
- Solar System Coloring Pages
- DIY Constellations Projector
- Yarn Solar System Project
- FREE Solar System Worksheets for Kids
Preschool Name Ideas
Looking for more Name Recognition Activities? Try these:
- Slime Preschool Name Ideas
- 28 Cute Name Crafts for Preschoolers
- Playdough Imprint Name Recognition Activities
- Cute I Spy Name Ornament for Kids
- French Fry name crafts for preschoolers
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Name Recognition Activity
- Learn your name with straws Name Recognition Craft
- Name Recognition Pot of Gold Craft
- 30 Name Recognition Activities
- Space Name Craft for Preschoolers
- Ice Cream Preschool Name Activity
- Free Printable, EDITABLE Name Tracing Worksheets