This Letter Sounds Games
is a great way to work on initial sounds while playing a fun phonics game. Use this free printable beginning sounds game
as part of a literacy or alphabet study or for extra work for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age kids. Simply print letter sounds printable
and you are ready to play and learn with this hands-on phonics activity for children.
Letter Sounds Games
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low-prep beginning sounds activity
for helping preschoolers and kindergartners learn letter sounds. One of the easiest ways to help kids learn and remember is to have them learn while having fun. Children will be learning the letter sounds and letter recognition for the lowercase, uppercase or both. Using initial sounds interactive games
not only makes it more fun, but helps kids remember what they’ve learned better!
Beginning sounds game
file will open in a new window for you to save freebie. This activity would be best if printed on cardstock.
- Print out the game board and laminate for durability.
- Print out the five pages of cards and instructions, cut out and laminate for durability. You could print out multiple copies of the cards if you wish.
Letter sound games
- Place the uppercase or lowercase letters or both, in a pile. Shuffle them and then place face down in a pile next to the board.
- Both players will then place their game piece on the start square.
- Player one will throw the die and move forward the correct number of squares.
- They will then pick up a card and identify the letter and /or say the sound that the letter makes.
- Player two will then take their turn.
- The first player to get to the finish square wins.
Initial Sounds Games
This fun and free printable game comes color.
Letter sounds printable
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!