This super cute, free dinosaur printables allows toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kinderagrten age children work on big and small activitieswhile having fun. This sorting activities for preschoolers has children work on size discrimination while soring cute purple dinos. Simply print big and small sorting activities and you are ready to play and learn!
Big and Small Activities
Looking for fun size activities for preschoolers? This big and small activity is a hands-on way to get toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners learning the concepts of small, medium and big? Do you have a preschool binder that you currently use and add activities to? This size sort mat includes fun cards and a mat to sort the sizes of the cards on.
Sorting Activities for Preschoolers
- A4 paper
- Scissors (to cut and separate the cards)
- Lamination pockets
Print as many sets as you need for the number of groups in your class. If you are using these in a center, it’s a great idea if you have an extra set just in case you want another group to get started on the activity. There are 3 sets of cards and a colour mat (one in colour and one in black and white).
Big and small sorting activities
This sizes mat is such a fun way for kids to practice sorting sizes! Print as many as you need for the number of students in your class. Laminate the mats and the cards if you wish. Pair these dinosaur cards with any dino themed activities or centers!
Size activities for preschoolers
- Print the play mat in colour and then laminate it. Print, laminate and cut up the size cards separately.
- If you’re using a binder to store the mat, it’s a good idea to include a little tab to label it so you’re able to find it easily in the future.
- Place the size dino cards in a little zip lock bag and attach it to the binder or insert it into the pockets.
- Start by naming the sizes on the mat. The kids can repeat after you. If you’re in a large class, you could show this on a projector so the whole class can see.
- The kids will then choose a dinosaur card and identify and compare the size with the other two. They will then look for the corresponding column on the mat.
- They will continue this until they’re done.
If you are looking for other fun, free dinosaur printables to make learning fun with a dinosaur theme you will love these resources:
- Dinosaur Ten Frame Addition
- Dino Number Recognition Games
- Dinosaur Unit 2nd Grade
- Printable Dinosaur Color by Number Worksheets
- D is for Dinosaur
- Find the Letter Dinosaur Alphabet Fun
- Dino Bones Punctuation Game
- Dinosaur Worksheets Preschool
- Dinosaur Printables
- Printable Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Dinosaur Science Preschool
- Dinosaur Kindergarten STEM Activities
- Free Dinosaur Math Worksheets
Preschool Math Activities
You may also enjoy these other great activities:
- Practice forming shapes with these FUN Road Shape Mats
- Addition Clouds Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Pirate Number Tracing Worksheets PDF
- Sandcastle Count & Trace Summer Theme Preschool
- Roll & Smash Playdough Pre-k Math Activity
- Ice Cream Math Preschool Task Cards
- Fun, free printable Goldfish Counting Activity
- Hopping Numbers, Pirate Printables, Vegetable Cards
- Preschool Zoo Printables to play and learn with animal COOKIES
- Counting Activity for your Watermelon Theme
- Farm Animals Worksheets Trace the Numbers
- Super clever Spider Counting Activity
- Free Printable Dump Truck Counting Mat
- Zoo Animals Color by Number WOrksheets
- Number COloring Pages
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Days of the Week Worksheets
- Play and Learn with this Free Shape BINGO Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Counting Book Insect Printables for Preschoolers
- Super cute and FREE Fingerprint Counting Printables
- Free Printable Traceable Calendars (updated annually)
- Super Cute Playdough Number Mats
- Handy and super cute, Free Pattern Worksheets
Sorting by Size
Before you grab your Dinosaur Roll and Cover Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.