This Candy Letter Match is a fun way for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children to work on letter identification. In this alphabet recognition activity children will match magnetic letter with the letter on the FREE printable alphabet mats. This low prep alphabet activity can be used for letter recognition, letter matching, and letter writing. Simply download pdf file with abc printable and you are ready to play and learn.
Candy Letter Match
THis super cute and sweet Candy Letter Match is a fun way for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartnesr to focuse on letter recognition and writing. You can also adapt this activity so that your child can work on matching capital and lowercase letters. This is perfect for a fun candy theme during Christmas, Valentines Day, around Halloween, or anyother times you want to sneak in some fun alphabet learning.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this handson alphabet activity is sure to keep kids engaged and having fun learning their ABCs. Use this as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to your phonics curriculum in your homeschool.
Alphabet Recognition Activity
Letter Recognition Activity
Your pre-k kiddo is going to play with a sensory bin while finding number pieces. When they find a number piece in the sensory bin they will match it to their recording sheet and trace the number.
- Candy Themed Letter Recognition Template
- Download the FREE Candy Themed Letter Recognition Template below.
- Print and cut the template.
- Place the letter pieces in a bowl or a pile.
- Pull one letter from the bin, find that letter on the recording sheet and trace it with the marker.
- Repeat until you have traced all letters.
There are seveal simpl modifications you can make for this activity includign:
- Cover the letters on the template with letter magnets for kids who are not ready to trace letters
- Match lowercase letter magnets to the recording sheet
- Laminate for durability and to use multiple times
- Place the letter pieces in a sensory bin for added engagement
- Tape the letter pieces around the room and “hunt” for them to add movement to this activity.
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Letter for Crafts – we have a printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Simple free alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Learn the days of the week for kids with these super cute, free days of the week printables
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Preschool is a fun way to work on letter recognition while strengthening hand muscles
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Tons of Bingo Dauber Printables to use with bingo marker, do a dot markers, or circle stickers
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Super cute Transportation Playdough Mats are great for building hand muscles while having fun! Plus don’t miss all our free printable playdough mats for preschoolers
- Plus check out our huge list of recommended Books for Preschoolers by topic
Download Candy Themed Letter Recognition Template
Before you download your Candy Themed Letter Recognition Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.