This candy-inspired letter identification preschool activity has minimal prep and can be used in so many ways. Your child will be engaged in letter recognition, letter matching, and letter writing. There are multiple ways to adjust this activity so that you can meet your child’s needs.
Our preschoolers will be focusing on letter recognition and writing. You can also adapt this activity so that your child can work on matching capital and lowercase letters.
Candy Letter Recognition
Your pre-k kiddo is going to play with a sensory bin while finding number pieces. When they find a number piece in the sensory bin they will match it to their recording sheet and trace the number.
- Candy Themed Letter Recognition Template
- Download the FREE Candy Themed Letter Recognition Template below.
- Print and cut the template.
- Place the letter pieces in a bowl or a pile.
- Pull one letter from the bin, find that letter on the recording sheet and trace it with the marker.
- Repeat until you have traced all letters.
Modifications for this Activity
- Cover the letters on the template with letter magnets for kids who are not ready to trace letters
- Match lowercase letter magnets to the recording sheet
- Laminate for durability and to use multiple times
- Place the letter pieces in a sensory bin for added engagement
- Tape the letter pieces around the room and “hunt” for them to add movement to this activity.
Looking for more preschool alphabet activities? Check these out.
- Alphabet Sounds Apple Book
- Beginning Sounds Phonics Games
- Printable Letter Crafts for Preschoolers
- Animal Cookies Count to 10
- Letter Recognition for Preschoolers Donut Sprinkles
- Uppercase Tracing Letters with Playdough
- Dump Truck Letter Recognition Sensory Bin
- Fruit Loop Alphabet Snack Mats
- Counting with Goldfish Activity
Download Candy Themed Letter Recognition Template
Before you download your Candy Themed Letter Recognition Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.