These adorable FREE Thanksgiving Alphabet Turkeys are a fun craft and literacy activity for preschoolers during November!
Turkey Activities for Preschoolers
Looking for more fun turkey activities for kids? You will love these ideas:
- Sorting Turkey Feathers Colors Activity
- Turkey Spin and Cover Shape Game
- Torn Paper Turkey Craft
- Turkey Sight Word Mat
- Packing Peanut Turkey Craft
- Trace and Erase Turkey Tracing Strips
- Turkey Counting by 10s
- Pumpkin Seed Turkey Craft
- Turkey Math Craft
This adorable activity is perfect for teaching prek and kindergarten age kids the beginning sounds of all alphabet letters from A to Z. Simply print pages in in color on cardstock and laminate for durability. Each turkey body and the corresponding five feathers are on the same page so you can do just one turkey, several turkeys, or all turkeys at a time. perfect for adding this to a letter of the week unit in the fall.
Turkey Alphabet Activity
Now cut out the turkey body and the corresponding five turkeys. Again, you can do this turkey alphabet craft one at a time or together to make it more challenging. Each pages has a list of what the items on the turkey are in case you are unsure what the picture is.
Students will say the name of the picture out loud and listen for the beginning sound. In the above example, the yellow feather shows a vacuum. Students will say vacuum and listen for the “v” sound. Then they will tape, glue, or simply set the feather behind the letter v turkey to make a completed Thanksgiving turkey.
Each turkey shows the featured letter on the body (which can be traced for added picture) and five turkey feathers each featuring the beginning sound on body. There will be a yellow, orange, green, red, and blue turkey for each feather. There are 26 turkeys in all, one for each letter from A to Z.
Thanksgiving Activities for Preschoolers
These free Play dough mats are a perfect Thanksgiving activity for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners.
- Thanksgiving Playdough Cards
- Pumpkin Shape Matching for Preschoolers
- Edible Candy Corn Playdough
- Free Thanksgiving BINGO
- Thanksgiving Color by Number
- Pumpkin traceable Letters
- Thanksgiving Reader for Kids
- Turkey Thanksgiving Word Family Activity
- Pumpkin Candy Count & Trace
Download Turkey ABCs
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!