Have fun learning about mammals with this free printable A to Z Mammals Book. This is a great way to introduce animal classifications, learn vocabulary, strengthen fine motor skills by tracing letters, and have fun with a science do a dot printable. Use this at school or at home with toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age student.
A to Z Mammals Book
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these low prep animal reader for helping students work on fine motor skills, mammal names, and learning your ABCs. These free mammal readers are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, prek, and kindergarteners. Use these in literacy or science centers, for extra practice, at school or at home, summer learning or as part of an animal study. With this pack, children will learn about ____ different mammals.
What is a Mammal?
Start by reminding your student what a mammal is by pointing out their characteristic. A mammal is an animal that breathes air, has a backbone, grows hair at some point during its life, and females feed their young milk from their body. Mammals include a wide variety of animals such as whales, dogs, humans, elephants, and 5000 other animals. To make sure your preschooler and kindergartner understand how they are different form other animals such as fish or spiders, tell them an animal name and see if they can tell you if they are an animal or not.
Mammals for Preschoolers
This printable pack comes completely in black and white to help with printing. There are a total of 9 letter pages. The mammals included in this reader are:
- unau sloth
- virginia big eared bat
To learn about mammals for kids, complete the pages in your mammal printable. Each page of this book contains three activities.
- Learn to read and write the name of the mammal animal by tracing the letters. This is great for building vocabulary and working on fine motor skills.
- The second activity is to dot the letter that the name of the animal starts with. This can be done with a bingo maker (also known as a do a dot marker or bingo dauber), with a q-tip and paint, or with their finger and finger paints. Children could also color in the dots with crayons / markers / colored pencils or place circle stickers on them if they wish.
- Finally, students can color and decorating the animal. If you have time you may want to google the animal and show them a picture or video of the real life animal.
Looking for more fun, engaging, and educational animal activities for elementary age students? Check out these fun resources and ideas:
- Zoo Scavenger Hunts for 2-12 year old review animal classifications, terminology, endangered status, habitat, ++
- Animal Homes Clip Cards for kids
- Zoo Fieldtrip Animal Reports – with simple options for toddlers and preschoolers and more thorough report templates for K-6th grade students.
- Life Cycles for Kids – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Ocean Coloring Pages
- Echidna Life Cycle Printables
- Octopus Color Printables
- Animal Classification Worksheets
- Platypus Life Cycle Printables
- Mother and Baby Animal Cards
- Animal Habitat Worksheets – Do a Dot Printable
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Silly Puzzles Animal Habitat Activity
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Nocturnal Animals Printables
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 page unit about aquatic animals
Letter Matching Games
Looking for more fun and FREE letter recognition games? Check these out:
- Gumball Alphabet Matching Game
- Leaf Alphabet Matching Game
- Summer Matching Letter Game
- Ice Cream Alphabet Printable Matching Puzzles
- Seashell Alphabet Letters Summer Kindergarten Activity
- Swimming Goggles Alphabet Puzzles Summer Kindergarten Activity
- Sandcastle Letter Matching Summer Kindergarten Activity
- Flip Flop Summer Kindergarten Activity
- Letter Matching Spring Activity for Preschoolers
- School Bus Letter Matching
- Hop It Alphabet Matching Game Printable
- Clip It Alphabet Matching Game
- Paper Plate Letter Recognition Activity
- Alphabet Go Fish Printable Game
- Free Printable Alphabet Letters upper and lower case puzzles
- Lion King Inspired Letter Matching Game
- Nuts About the Alphabet – Letter Matching Game
- Alphabet Soup Letter Recognition Activity
- Apple Free Alphabet Strip pdf
- Grass Alphabet Puzzles – Letter Matching Activity
- Flower Letter Recognition Games Printable
- School Bus Letter Matching Puzzles for First Day of School Activity
- Hamburger Alphabet Puzzles – Free alphabet printables
- Spring Shower Alphabet Matching Game
- Polar Bear Printable Alpahbet Matching Game
- Bunny Letter Matching Puzzles
- Tools Matching Upper and Lowercase Letters
Letter Recognition Printables
If you prefer no prep, letter recognition worksheets – try these free resources:
- Super cute Letter Recognition Worksheets from A to Z
- Free ABC Letter Find Printable
- Gumball I Spy Alphabet Worksheets
- Printable Letter Identification Cards
- Sports Themed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Robot Letter Recognition Printables
- Letter FInd Pumpkin Printables
- Apple Find the Letter Tracing Worksheets
- Bug Letter Find Worksheets
- Cinderella Color by Letter Disney Princess Worksheets
- Snow Globe Letter Find Winter Worksheets
- Christmas Worksheets Tree Letter Find
- Spring Find the Letter Worksheets
- Dinosaur Alphabet Printables – Find the Letter
- Fish Letter Recognition Worksheets
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Worksheets
- Free Letter Recognition Worksheets to use with bingo daubers
- Letter Recognition Worksheets for Fall sticker activity
- Star Wars Letter Recognition Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Letter Find Worksheets
My Mammals Book
Before you grab your Watermelon Counting Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.