Kids will have fun practicing forming both upper and lowercase letters with this pumpkin alphabet traceable letters to practicing alphabet tracing with dry erase markers or playdough. These free printable pumpkin learning activities are perfect for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
Practice alphabet tracing with these super cute, pumpkin alphabet mats is perfect for making learning fun during the Autumn months of October and November. Work on forming alphabet letters and tracing letters for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun, hands on educational activity. Use it in a fall theme, pumpkin theme, Halloween theme, Thanksgiving theme, or any other fun use you can think of. Parents will love the extra practice, teachers will love using it as a literacy center in their classroom, and homeschooling families will love adding this supplement to their phonics curriculum.
Pumpkin letter tracing
Pumpkin Learning Activities
Print the pumpkin alphabet printable in color and laminate for durability. Each page has 2 big, plump orange pumpkins with brown stems and a striking green leaf. The white uppercase and lower case letters clearly pop from the dark orange alphabet met perfect for fall.
Next, carefully use scissors to cut out the pumpkin templates. How cute are they! I suggest laminating them to not only making them durable, but to make the activity reusable over and over again in a literacy center.
With a Dry Erase Marker, have students practice tracing both the capital and small alphabet letters on the pumpkin mats.
HINT: For an extension activity you can have students put pumpkin in alphabetical order too!
Alphabet Playdough Mats
These pumpkin playdough mats are also fun to use with play dough!! Simply roll playdough into snakes and shape them into both upper and lowercase letters. We love items that serve dual purposes like these alphabet playdough mats.
Looking for more fun pumpkin printable, games, ideas and free pumpkin worksheets to make learning fun with young children? Check out these free homeschooling resources:
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun, free printable playdough mats? You will love these:
- Transportation Playdough mats
- Animal Playdough mats
- Emotion Playdough mats
- Thanksgiving Playdough Mats
- Musical Instruments for Kids Playdough Mats
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Apple Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Spider Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Peeps Playdough
- Human Body for Kids Playdough Mats
- Color Changing Playdough
- Number Playdough Mats
- Kool Aid Playdough
- Kids Counting Castle Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Playdough
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- ***Don’t miss our MANY free play doh mat printables
Don’t miss these free alphabet printables for making learning your ABCs fun and engaging! We also have lots of free preschool math, preschool crafts, books for preschoolers, and playdough mats. Plus we have lots of clever ideas in our preschool themes with a full weeks worth of educational activities.
Pumpkin Alphabet Mats
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!