Kids will have fun learning about musical instruments with this fun, hands-on activity using these free playdough mats. Each of the twelve different musical instruments have a play doh mat with a play dough template, instrument name, and read world picture. This is great for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students.
Young children love using playdough! Not only is it great for strengthening little hands and having fun, but it can be used with many fun educational activities to make learning fun! These playdough mats are a fun way to teach about preschool musical instruments. This playdough music is great for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschoolers music teacher, daycare, or working on activities for summer learning – you will love this low prep playdough activity that uses playdough activity cards with any playdough you have laying around to learn about instruments with kids!
Free Playdough Mats
Instruments for Kids
Make learning about musical instruments for kids. Kids will learn the names of common orchestra and band instruments with this FUN playdough activity for toddler, pre k, preschoolers, kindergartners, first graders, and 2nd grade students. Super simple prep and endless hours exploring various musical instruments.
Play doh mat
Now print the playdough mats (way better than music worksheets) on cardstock or laminate for durability. I suggest you store them in a large ziplock bag to pull out for an afternoon of fun or music theme.
Preschool Musical Instruments
Next, cut apart the music instrument cards – there are 4 per sheet. Each preschool instrument allows children to see the actual instrument plus make one themselves with playdough. These are great for introducing kids to musical instruments. We like to watch you tube videos of Philadelphia orchestra introducing each instrument we make. Another option would be to listen to music featuring the musical instrument you are learning about.
Music Activities for Kids
Kids will use playdough to form the instrument featured on each card. This is not only a fun music activities for kids, but great for strengthening fine motor skills too!
HINT: For older kids, see if they can group the instruments: brass, woodwind, string, percussion.
Musical Instruments for Kids
Included in these musical instrument playdough mats for preschool, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students are the following instruments:
- pan flute
If you’d like to learn more about music see all our free musical cards activities!
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun, free printable playdough mats? You will love these:
- Transportation Playdough mats
- Animal Playdough mats
- Emotion Playdough mats
- Thanksgiving Playdough Mats
- Musical Instruments for Kids Playdough Mats
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Apple Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Spider Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Peeps Playdough
- Human Body for Kids Playdough Mats
- Color Changing Playdough
- Number Playdough Mats
- Kool Aid Playdough
- Kids Counting Castle Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Playdough
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- ***Don’t miss our MANY free play doh mat printables
Looking for more fun and free ideas to make learning fun for preschoolers? Check out these free prek worksheets:
- Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Printable Alphabet Letters for Crafts
- Letter Recognition Worksheets
- Apple Prek Worksheets
- Tracing Letters while learning animals names A to Z
- Road Shapes
- Super cute Printable Easter Crafts
- No prep preschool alphabet worksheets
- Super cute construction worksheets for pre k
- Free pumpkin activity printables to find the letter
- Super cute and FREE printable animal masks
Plus don’t miss our ABC Printables, math activities for preschoolers, learning preschool colors, fun preschool themes, tons of free playdough mats, cute preschool crafts, tons of free printable preschool worksheets, and many preschool book list.
Download Music Instruments Playdough Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!