If your child is working on counting to 15 they will love this super cute, hands-on watermelon activity! Simply print pdf file with watermelon printables to grab the summer playdough mats. Now use playdough to add the correct number of seeds to the red watermelon slices and form the numbers 1-10. This summer activity for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners is a great way to sneak in some fun watermelon math to avoid the summer learning loss!
This fun, easy-to-try summer math is a fun, watermelon activity to practice counting to 15. Use these summer playdough mats to practice counting with toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age kids. This summer activity for preschoolers is a great addition to a watermelon theme, for national watermelon Day in August, or as a child-led watermelon activity for preschoolers to celebrate this favorite summertime fruit.
Watermelon Activity for Preschoolers
Start out printing the watermelon printable pages in color. Laminate for durability. Then cut each page into four watermelon counting cards.
This is such a simple counting activity to practice counting to 15 with these free printable playdough mats. Using black playdough have students make the correct number of seeds for each slice of watermelon.
Summer Activity for Preschoolers
Next in this fun educational watermelon activity for preschoolers, have students use playdough to practice forming the number on the watermelon counting cards too.
Counting to 15
Isn’t that so simple, clever and FUN! The best hands on learning activities for kids usually are. Now repeat with the other cards so you’ve practiced counting to 15.
Watermelon Day Activities
Looking for another watermelon activity or two to make a week long watermelon theme or dive into the letter w is for watermelon? You will love these fun activities and free printables:
- Count playdough “seeds” with these adorable, Free Watermelon Printables
- Rows and rows of Watermelon Math Number Lines
- Cute Suncatcher Watermelon Craft
- W is for Watermelon HandArt Project
- Scented, Watermelon Kool Aid Play Dough Recipe for summer
- Squish Bag Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Fun-to-play with Fluffy Slime Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Watermelon Slime Activity for Kids
- Explode a Watermelon, Explore Potential Energy, and Disocver How Many Rubber Bands to Explode a Watermelon
- Watermelon Volcano Experiment – Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Work on Counting with these Watermelon worksheet
- Hands-on Alphabet practice with this Watermelon Activity
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Find the Letter Watermelon Worksheets
- Watermelon Printable Counting Clip Cards
- Free Watermelon seed counting Activity with printable
- Hands-on Watermelon Activity adding seeds with kids fingerprints
- Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Addition within 10 Watermelon Printable Math Activity
- Number Puzzles Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Ryming Words Watermelon Activity
- Watermelon Letter Matching Game
- Fact Family Watermelon Worksheets
- Watermelon Life Cycle Spinner
- Plus don’t miss these Watermelon Activities
Looking for more fun math activities for preschoolers? Check out these fun ideas!
- Shape Scavenger Hunt using our shape flaschards to look for shapes with this fun shape game
- Cute Sandcastle tracing numbers 1-10 – practice counting and tracing numbers-1-20 with this super cute summer themed math activity
- Count to 10 Spider Counting Playdough Maths – kids will have fun practicing counting to 10 with these super cute playdough mats
- Do a dot printables numbers using bingo dauber markers are a fun way for kids to practice counting
- Dinosaur Roll & Cover number recognition games
- Super cute and CLEVER Fingerprint Counting Printables
- FUN Pirate Number Sense Activities
- Strawberry preschool counting activities – this art and math activity is perfect for summer learning
- Watermelon Counting Playdough Mats – kids will have fun using playdough to practice counting
- Goldfish counting printable – this clever activity allows kids to use goldfish to practice counting and one to one correspondence
- Lego Numbers Counting Activity for Preschoolers use duplo blocks to practice counting and include a space for tracing numbers 1-10
- Silly Worm counting activity for preschoolers with stickers
- Zoo Animals Color by Number Worksheets – these math worksheets allow kids to work on number recognition while revealing hidden pictures
- Printable Donut Counting Activity for Preschoolers and Kindergartners
- Number Mazes – fun Number Activity for Preschoolers learning numbers 1-5
Watermelon Seed Counting
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Watermelon Seed Counting <<