These super cute alphabet coloring pages are a fun way for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age kids to practice identifying letters and the sounds they make while strengthening fine motor skills and having fun.
One of the earliest and most important things kids learn is the alphabet. They start identifying letters that are also in their names, they sing the alphabet song, and they begin scribbling letters on pages. Young children are natural learners – they are excited to be big kids and write words just like the people around them that they look up to like Mom, Dad, Grandma, and older siblings.
Children need lots of practice to learn their ABCs.
- They need to see letters so read lots of books featuring big bold letters. Point out the letters you find on the pages.
- Know that letters are important so show them how letters are in books, on mail, on signs in the community, in their name, etc. Play letter I spy, find the the letter worksheets, make name crafts, etc.
- Learn that letters spell words. Write their name on top of EVERYTHING! Put it on coloring pages, hang it on their wall, help them spell words when they ask, write a letter to Grandma where they dictate and you write.
- Sing alphabet songs to practice the order from a-z. Watch leap frog letter factory, watch early childhood programs like Disney Junior Mickey Mouse that incorporate early learning seemlessly.
- Learn new vocabulary. The more words kids have to express themselves and describe the world around them, the less they will get frustrated and the better they can communicate. So read lots of books, have a running conversation about everything, do worksheets that teach new vocabulary, try new fruits or styles of food, take them on vacations to help them get lots of new experiences.
Basically, your young learners are like sponges soaking up everything you give them. Studies have shown that their brains are making new connections for everything they learn, but if they aren’t be exposed to new materials no connections will form. By the time they are in early elementary very few new pathways are formed…. the rest of their lives their minds will use the pathways that were formed to help them process information. So explore a lot and create tons of new roads in their brains! See all of our Preschool Alphabet resources!
Alphabet Coloring Pages
These super cute and fun-to-color preschool worksheets are a great, NO PREP way to teach the alphabet for kids! Simply print the free alphabet printables to go along with your letter of the week study, extra practice worksheets, or any other reason.
ABC Coloring Pages
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this NO PREP alphabet activity for toddlers, preschoolers, pre k, and kindergarten age students. There are 26 black and white letter coloring pages – one for each letter from a to z. Each sheet features the upper and lowercase letters plus a variety of clipart featuring the same beginning sound. This is great for working on listening to the sounds letters make and learning new vocabulary.
Students can say the name of the picture out loud on the kindergarten alphabet coloring pages to hear the beginning sounds in the words. This is called phonemic awareness and it is a sfuper important skill for preschoolers, prek, and kindergartners to learn to get them ready for phonics and sounding out words.
In addition, these abc printables are great for helping children have fun while strengthening their fine motor skills by coloring these abc coloring pages with crayon, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. This helps hand muscles get strong so they are ready for all the letter tracing and writing words that comes next.
The following vocabulary is taught on these preschool coloring pages alphabet:
- A is for anchor, apple, apron, alligator, axe, airplane, ant
- B is for bear, balloon, butterfly, bench, button, ball, bell, book
- C is for candle, cap, cup, can, cloud, cookie, cupcake, camera
- D is for donut, door, dish, drum, dollar, doll, dress, duck, desk
- E isf or ear, eagle, envelope, eraser, Earth, Elf, eyes, elbow, elephant
- F is for fire, flower, flag, fish, football, fire hydrant, flamingo, fan, frog, fence
- G is for golf, gate, glue, glasses, grapes, glass, gumball, gloves
- H is for heart, ham, helicopter, horse, hedgehog, hat, hot dog, hammer, house
- I is for ice cream, insect, ice, iguana, ivy, iron, island, igloo, ice skates
- J is for jellyfish, Jupiter, jet, jump rope, jam, juice, jacket, jeans, jello
- K is for king, kangaroo, kettle, kite, kiwi, key, ketchup, koala
- L is for ladybug, lollipop, laptop, lemon, limo, lamp, leaf, lamb, leg, lion
- M is for moustache, mushroom, mirror, mitten, magnet, microophone, milk, mask, magnet, mailbox, mouse
- N is for necklace, nut, nail, nest, note, notebook, needle, nail
- O is for owl, noino, ornage, oven, olive, octopus, oar, ostrich, otter
- P is for pig, picture frame, pan, penguin, pencil, popcorn, purse, panda, pizza
- Q is for quesadilla, quill, question, quilt, quiet, quarter, queen, quail
- R is for rain, rocket, ring, racket, rattle, road, rose, rooster, robot, rabbit
- S is for scissors, strawberry, star, sun, sandwich, slingshot, shark, sunflower, shell, sock
- T is for taco, tomato, tie, telephone, tissue, oothbrush, tags, toaster, tree, teeth, turtle, table
- U is for unicycle, unicorn, urn, umbrella, under, underwear, ukulele, uniform
- V is for vote, vegetables, vine, valenitne, vase, violin, vacuum, volcano, vest
- W is for window, water, wheel, well, watermelon, wink, wasp, windmill, worm
- X is for xylophone, x-ray
- Y is for yarn, yogurt, yard, yellow, yak, yacht, yam, and yolk
- Z is for zig zag, zoom, zebra, zuchini, zipper, zoo, and zinnia
- Fruit Loop Alphabet Printable Snack Mats
- Simple Preschool Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Do a Dot Printables – practice making upper and lowercase letters
- Alphabet Sounds Apple Book
- Super cute ABC Coloring Pages
- Handprint Alphabet Crafts from A to Z
- ABC Printable Bracelets perfect for a letter of the week approach
- Hole Punching Letter Recognition Activity
- Apple Alphabet Tracing Cards
- Construction Tracing Letters
- These Alphabet Printable Hats are hugely popular
Don’t miss these free alphabet printables for making learning your ABCs fun and engaging! We also have lots of free preschool math, preschool crafts, books for preschoolers, and playdough mats. Plus we have lots of clever ideas in our preschool themes with a full weeks worth of educational activities.
Download Alphabet Coloring Pages
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!