These super cute, free alphabet coloring pages are a fun way for toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age kids to work on learning the sounds letters make, practice listening for beginning sounds, and learning vocabulary while strengthening fine motor skills and having fun. Grab the pdf alphabet worksheets for a no prep alphabet activity kids will love.
Alphabet Coloring Pages
One of the earliest and most important things kids learn is the alphabet. They start identifying letters that are in their names, they sing the alphabet song, and they begin scribbling letters on pages. Young children are natural learners – they are excited to be big kids and write words just like the people around them that they look up to like Mom, Dad, Grandma, and older siblings. These super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages are a great way for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners to learn their letters!
Children need lots of practice to learn their ABCs.
- They need to see letters so read lots of books featuring big bold letters. Point out the letters you find on the pages.
- Know that letters are important so show them how letters are in books, on mail, on signs in the community, in their name, etc. Play letter I spy, find the the letter worksheets, make name crafts, etc.
- Learn that letters spell words. Write their name on top of EVERYTHING! Put it on coloring pages, hang it on their wall, help them spell words when they ask, write a letter to Grandma where they dictate and you write.
- Sing alphabet songs to practice the order from a-z. Watch leap frog letter factory, watch early childhood programs like Disney Junior Mickey Mouse that incorporate early learning seamlessly.
- Learn new vocabulary. The more words kids have to express themselves and describe the world around them, the less they will get frustrated and the better they can communicate. So read lots of books, have a running conversation about everything, do worksheets that teach new vocabulary, try new fruits or styles of food, take them on vacations to help them get lots of new experiences.
Basically, your young learners are like sponges soaking up everything you give them. Studies have shown that their brains are making new connections for everything they learn, but if they aren’t be exposed to new materials no connections will form. By the time they are in early elementary very few new pathways are formed…. the rest of their lives their minds will use the pathways that were formed to help them process information. So explore a lot and create tons of new roads in their brains! See all of our Preschool Alphabet resources!
Alphabet Coloring Sheets
These super cute and fun-to-color preschool worksheets are a great, NO PREP way to teach the alphabet for kids! Simply print the free alphabet printables to go along with your letter of the week study, extra practice worksheets, or any other reason.
Free Alphabet Coloring Pages
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this NO PREP alphabet activity for toddlers, preschoolers, pre k, and kindergarten age students. There are 26 black and white letter coloring pages – one for each letter from a to z. Each sheet features the upper and lowercase letters plus a variety of clipart featuring the same beginning sound. This is great for working on listening to the sounds letters make and learning new vocabulary.
Free Printable Alphabet Coloring Pages
Students can say the name of the picture out loud on the kindergarten alphabet coloring pages to hear the beginning sounds in the words. This is called phonemic awareness and it is a sfuper important skill for preschoolers, prek, and kindergartners to learn to get them ready for phonics and sounding out words.
In addition, these abc printables are great for helping children have fun while strengthening their fine motor skills by coloring these abc coloring pages with crayon, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. This helps hand muscles get strong so they are ready for all the letter tracing and writing words that comes next.
The following vocabulary is taught on these preschool coloring pages alphabet:
- A is for anchor, apple, apron, alligator, axe, airplane, ant
- B is for bear, balloon, butterfly, bench, button, ball, bell, book
- C is for candle, cap, cup, can, cloud, cookie, cupcake, camera
- D is for donut, door, dish, drum, dollar, doll, dress, duck, desk
- E isf or ear, eagle, envelope, eraser, Earth, Elf, eyes, elbow, elephant
- F is for fire, flower, flag, fish, football, fire hydrant, flamingo, fan, frog, fence
- G is for golf, gate, glue, glasses, grapes, glass, gumball, gloves
- H is for heart, ham, helicopter, horse, hedgehog, hat, hot dog, hammer, house
- I is for ice cream, insect, ice, iguana, ivy, iron, island, igloo, ice skates
- J is for jellyfish, Jupiter, jet, jump rope, jam, juice, jacket, jeans, jello
- K is for king, kangaroo, kettle, kite, kiwi, key, ketchup, koala
- L is for ladybug, lollipop, laptop, lemon, limo, lamp, leaf, lamb, leg, lion
- M is for moustache, mushroom, mirror, mitten, magnet, microophone, milk, mask, magnet, mailbox, mouse
- N is for necklace, nut, nail, nest, note, notebook, needle, nail
- O is for owl, noino, ornage, oven, olive, octopus, oar, ostrich, otter
- P is for pig, picture frame, pan, penguin, pencil, popcorn, purse, panda, pizza
- Q is for quesadilla, quill, question, quilt, quiet, quarter, queen, quail
- R is for rain, rocket, ring, racket, rattle, road, rose, rooster, robot, rabbit
- S is for scissors, strawberry, star, sun, sandwich, slingshot, shark, sunflower, shell, sock
- T is for taco, tomato, tie, telephone, tissue, oothbrush, tags, toaster, tree, teeth, turtle, table
- U is for unicycle, unicorn, urn, umbrella, under, underwear, ukulele, uniform
- V is for vote, vegetables, vine, valenitne, vase, violin, vacuum, volcano, vest
- W is for window, water, wheel, well, watermelon, wink, wasp, windmill, worm
- X is for xylophone, x-ray
- Y is for yarn, yogurt, yard, yellow, yak, yacht, yam, and yolk
- Z is for zig zag, zoom, zebra, zuchini, zipper, zoo, and zinnia
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Animal Alphabet Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Find the Letter Worksheets
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- free printable preschool worksheets tracing letters
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Popsicle Alphabet Tracing
- Sandcastle Preschool Letter Tracing
- LOTS more alphabet printables for preschoolers
- Dive into the time of castles and knights with this fun middle ages for kids hands-on history lesson for kids!
Printable Alphabet Coloring Pages
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!