Are you looking for a fun letter tracing activity to add to your spring theme? This super cute alphabet tracing activity has children practice tracing upper and lowercase letters in cheerful rainboots. Use this spring activity preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten during March, April and May to make learning extra fun! Simply download spring printable activities pdf file and you are ready to play and learn!
Preschool kids will be working on identifying their letters and forming their letters in one clever spring theme preschool activity! This spring theme printable works great for kids who are struggling with identifying their letters like ELL / ESL kids. The rainboots themed cards will spike the child’s interest as they trace the upper and lowercase letters on each card. Preschoolers and kindergartners can trace their letters using crayons, markers, coloring pencils, or dry erase markers if you laminat the sheets to make this spring activity for preschoolers reusable.
Spring printable activities
Spring Activity Preschool
Print on Card stock or A4 paper then Laminate. (optional) Laminating the printable pages will make this tracing letters activity reusable for lots of practice writing letters that preschool, kindergarten, and todder age students need. You can print the pages in color (purple rain boots) or print the black and white template on colored cardstock to make any color rainboots you want to bring a splash of color to this educational spring activity for students. Now cut the rainboot cards out. I suggest storing the spring lesson plans for preschoolers in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
Spring ideas for preschoolers
Whether you are a parents, teacher, preschool teacher, or homeschooler – this spring alphabet activity is a great way to help yonng learners practice forming letters by tracing both upper and lowercase letters. Use this in a literacy center, extra practice, homework, seat work, or over spring break.
- Stack the cards on the table.
- Explain that they are to choose one card at a time.
- They say the letter on the card and then trace each letter on the ‘rainboot’ card. If you laminated the cards use dry erase markers and a eraser (we use a sock). If you did not laminate them, simply use crayons, colored pencils, markers, scented markers, colored pencils, or highlighters to make the letters on their recording sheet.
- They repeat this process until they’ve colored or traced all the letters on their cards.
- You could also divide the class into two groups and create a competition using these cards. Students have to be mindful of how they trace the letters though, so proper letter tracing and formation is essential to learning. Check on each group and see which group traced their cards properly and without going outside the lines much.
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- Foam Rainbow Activity for Preschoolers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Addition Clouds – Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Ladybug Counting Mats – playdough activity using a ten frame
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Umbrella Letter Matching Printable
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Download Spring Tracing Letters
Before you download, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.