Kids will have so much fun learning their alphabet letter writing formation with these simple, no prep Rainboots Letter Tracing for Preschoolers.
Preschool kids will be working on identifying their letters and forming their letters in one activity! This works great for kids who are struggling with identifying their letters like ELL / ESL kids. The rainboots themed cards will spike the child’s interest as they trace the upper and lowercase letters on each card.
The kids can also rainbow trace their letters, use crayons, markers or coloring pencils. To make this a versatile and re-usable activity, you can also choose to laminate the cards and have the kids use dry erase markers on the sheet as they work on their letter identification and formation skills.
- Print on Card stock or A4 paper then Laminate. (optional) Laminating the printable pages will make this tracing letters activity reusable for lots of practice writing letters that preschool, kindergarten, and todder age students need. You can print the pages in color (purple rain boots) or print the black and white template on colored cardstock to make any color rainboots you want to bring a splash of color to this educational spring activity for students.
- Cut the rainboot cards out.
- Store them in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
Letter Tracing for Preschoolers
Whether you are a parents, teacher, preschool teacher, or homeschooler – this spring alphabet activity is a great way to help yonng learners practice forming letters by tracing both upper and lowercase letters. Use this in a literacy center, extra practice, homework, seat work, or over spring break.
- Stack the cards on the table.
- Explain that they are to choose one card at a time.
- They say the letter on the card and then trace each letter on the ‘rainboot’ card. If you laminated the cards use dry erase markers and a eraser (we use a sock). If you did not laminate them, simply use crayons, colored pencils, markers, scented markers, colored pencils, or highlighters to make the letters on their recording sheet.
- They repeat this process until they’ve colored or traced all the letters on their cards.
- You could also divide the class into two groups and create a competition using these cards. Students have to be mindful of how they trace the letters though, so proper letter tracing and formation is essential to learning. Check on each group and see which group traced their cards properly and without going outside the lines much.
Preschool Spring Activity
Looking for more fun, educational spring activities for preschoolers? You will love these clever ideas:
- Spring Carrot Shape Mats
- One to One Correspondence Spring Activity
- Spring Clothes Bingo Dauber Printables
- Umbrella Alphabet Matching Activity
- Spring Basket Color Sorting
- Recycled Baskets Spring Craft
- 20 Spring Books for Preschoolers
- Spring Counting Clip Cards
- Spring Preschool Worksheets
- Printable Spring Scavenger Hunt BIGO
- Spring Count and Trace Cards
- Flower Number Puzzles
Download Spring Tracing Letters
Before you download, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.