Make practicing alphabet tracing fun with these super cute, free printable animal alphabet cards. There are 26 cards, each featuring animals A to Z. Toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age students will love this uppercase letter tracing activity. Use these as a trace and erase activity or use these alphabet mats with play dough.
Uppercase Letter Tracing
One of the most important things young learners will learn is their ABCs. The do this at home, at preschool, at school, and in the community. Toddlers, Preschoolers, and Kindergartners will learn that letters are everywhere and that they combine to form words. The combination of letters makes words that form sentences that give instructions, tell stories, and give important information to those around us. This free printable Uppercase Letter Tracing helps kids practice forming upper case letters while learning animal names, strengthening fine motor skills, and having fun too.
Kids can learn letters by reading books, singing songs like the alphabet song, watching educational television like Leap Frog, completing tracing pages, and coloring alphabet coloring pages. There are so many ways for children to practice… and they need lots of practice. Instead of buying more and more alphabet books, alphabet games, alphabet toys, etc. – use some of our free alphabet printables to help make learning your letters cheap and FUN!
Tracing Uppercase Letters
These super cute FREE printable alphabet tracing cards are such a fun way for young learners to practice writing capital letters. You will love that this resource is LOW PREP and reusable – children can trace, erase, and trace again. Whether you are a parent, teachers, homeschooler, daycare teacher, or doing preschool at home – this alphabet activity is bound to be a hit. Use it as homework, summer learning, literacy centers, extra seatwork. Plus these adorable alphabet cards each have a super cute animal on each card that starts with the featured capital letter. Students will learn the name of 26 ABC Animals.
Uppercase Letters tracing Free Printables
Tracing Letters A-Z
These capital letter tracing include uppercase letters. The cards have a simple, but fun green border and show kids how to correctly form the letters. Finally, to make them extra cute, and to help children learn animal names and new vocabulary, there are animals from a to z.
- A is for alligator
- B is for bear
- C is for cat
- D is for Dog
- E is for elephant
- F is for fish
- G is for giraffee
- H is for horse
- I is for iguana
- J is for jellyfish
- K is for kangaroo
- L is for lion
- M is for monkey
- N is for newt
- O is ofr ostrich
- P is for pig
- Q is for quail
- R is for rabbit
- S is for snake
- T is for turtle
- U is for urchin
- V is for Vulture
- W is for whale
- X is for x-ray fish
- Y is for yak
- Z is for Zebra
In addition to the free traceable letters, students can trace the animal name as well.
Letter Tracing Cards
Kids will get great practice tracing letters with their finger, dry erase markers, with shaving cream, under rice in a sensory table, or using playdough. There are clear instructions on the free traceable alphabet for how to properly form alphabet letters.
Alphabet Playdough Mats
Another way to use these cards is for children to roll playdough into ropes to strengthen fine motor skills while having fun practicing writing letters. They can build the upper case alphabet letter on these alphabet printables.
Cards updated to make the animal name traceable!!!
Uppercase Tracing Letters
We like to hole punch our alphabet tracing cards and put them in a 3 ring binder. Then toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age kids can practice writing uppercase letters with a dry erase marker, then wipe clean, and flip to the next card. This fun activity can be repeated over and over!
Ready to work on lowercase letters? You can grab the Lower Case Letter Tracing cards with a fun fruit & vegetable theme from our sister site Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more playdough mats? We’ve go you covered with so many clever FREE playdough printables:
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Playdough tools template for preschool
- Animals A-Z uppercase letter tracing
- Playdough construction math activities for preschoolers
- ice cream shapes printable
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Printable
- Pet Animal Playdough Mats
- Preschool Musical Instruments Playdough Cards
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Pumpkin Traceable Letters Playdough Mat
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Find the Letter Worksheets
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- free printable preschool worksheets tracing letters
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Popsicle Alphabet Tracing
- Sandcastle Preschool Letter Tracing
- LOTS more alphabet printables for preschoolers
Animal Activities for Preschoolers
Looking for more animal themed activities for prek kids? You will love these free printable resources and ideas:
- Printable Animals Masks
- A to Z Mammals Book
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Worksheets
- Animal Life Cycle Printables
- Count and Cover Zoo Animals with Cheerios
- Finish the Pictures ~ Animal
- Farm Animal Homes Printable Reader
- Anatomy of Animals Activity
- Ocean Coloring Pages
- Animal Activities with Animal Crackers
- Animal Books for Preschoolers
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!