Make practicing alphabet tracing fun with these super cute, free printable animal alphabet cards. There are 26 cards, each featuring animals A to Z. Toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age students will love this uppercase letter tracing activity. Use these as a trace and erase activity or use these alphabet mats with play dough.
One of the most important things young learners will learn is their ABCs. The do this at home, at preschool, at school, and in the community. Toddlers, Preschoolers, and Kindergartners will learn that letters are everywhere and that they combine to form words. The combination of letters makes words that form sentences that give instructions, tell stories, and give important information to those around us. This free printable Uppercase Letter Tracing helps kids practice forming upper case letters while learning animal names, strengthening fine motor skills, and having fun too.
Kids can learn letters by reading books, singing songs like the alphabet song, watching educational television like Leap Frog, completing tracing pages, and coloring alphabet coloring pages. There are so many ways for children to practice… and they need lots of practice. Instead of buying more and more alphabet books, alphabet games, alphabet toys, etc. – use some of our free alphabet printables to help make learning your letters cheap and FUN!
Uppercase letter tracing
These super cute FREE printable alphabet tracing cards are such a fun way for young learners to practice writing capital letters. You will love that this resource is LOW PREP and reusable – children can trace, erase, and trace again. Whether you are a parent, teachers, homeschooler, daycare teacher, or doing preschool at home – this alphabet activity is bound to be a hit. Use it as homework, summer learning, literacy centers, extra seatwork. Plus these adorable alphabet cards each have a super cute animal on each card that starts with the featured capital letter. Students will learn the name of 26 ABC Animals.
Tracing uppercase letters
Alphabet tracing mats free
These capital letter tracing include uppercase letters. The cards have a simple, but fun green border and show kids how to correctly form the letters. Finally, to make them extra cute, and to help children learn animal names and new vocabulary, there are animals from a to z.
- A is for alligator
- B is for bear
- C is for cat
- D is for Dog
- E is for elephant
- F is for fish
- G is for giraffee
- H is for horse
- I is for iguana
- J is for jellyfish
- K is for kangaroo
- L is for lion
- M is for monkey
- N is for newt
- O is ofr ostrich
- P is for pig
- Q is for quail
- R is for rabbit
- S is for snake
- T is for turtle
- U is for urchin
- V is for Vulture
- W is for whale
- X is for x-ray fish
- Y is for yak
- Z is for Zebra
Alphabet tracing cards
In addition to the free traceable letters, students can trace the animal name as well.
Tracing capital letters
Kids will get great practice tracing letters with their finger, dry erase markers, with shaving cream, under rice in a sensory table, or using playdough. There are clear instructions on the free traceable alphabet for how to properly form alphabet letters.
Trace uppercase letters
Another way to use these cards is for children to roll playdough into ropes to strengthen fine motor skills while having fun practicing writing letters. They can build the upper case alphabet letter on these alphabet printables.
Cards updated to make the animal name traceable!!!
Letter tracing cards
We like to hole punch our alphabet tracing cards and put them in a 3 ring binder. Then toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age kids can practice writing uppercase letters with a dry erase marker, then wipe clean, and flip to the next card. This fun activity can be repeated over and over!
Uppercase tracing letters
Ready to work on lowercase letters? You can grab the Lower Case Letter Tracing cards with a fun fruit & vegetable theme from our sister site Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun, free printable playdough mats? You will love these:
- Interactive Alphabet Playodugh Mats with finish the picture
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats with tracing lines
- Preschool Playdoh Mats
- Super Cute FREE Printable Preschool Playdoh Mats
- Gumball Number Playdough Mats
- Smash Playdough Mat for Teaching Subtraction to Kindergarteners
- Fun Transportation Playdough mats (train, bus, rocket, airplane, boat, and more!)
- Free Shape Playdough Mats
- Practice forming letters with these Alphabet Playdoh Mats
- Preschool Shape Worksheets with playdoh
- Finish the scene Playdough Number Mats (featured above)
- Build a Playdough Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool
- Pet Animal Playdough mats (bird, turtle, fish, bunny, cat, lizzard, dog, snake, etc.)
- Free Printable Emotion Playdough mats
- Thanksgiving Playdough Mats featuring yummy thanksgiving favorite foods!
- Playdough Musical Activities for Kids
- Free Playdough Letter Mats
- Fall Playdough Mats (build a sunflower, leaf, acron, pumpkin, rake, hay, etc)
- Count to 10 Apple Playdough Mats
- FREE Ice Cream Pattern Printable
- Spider Math Activities for Preschoolers with Play dogh.
- Roll & Smash Preschool Playdough Activity
- Free Printable Human Body Playdough Mats
- Telling Time Activity with Playdough
- Grilling on a Ten Frame Summer Printable Playdough Mats
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with playdough
- Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool Counting candles Playdough mats
- Sandcastle Activity Playdough Mat
- Over 100 Playdough Mats to print and play (plus more free printable playdough mats on our sister site)
Playdough Activities for Kids
Looking for some amazing playdough recipes to try? Check out these easy play doh recipes!
- Color Changing Playdough
- Kool Aid Playdough
- Incredible, Edible Ice Cream Play doh
- Quick, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Hot Chocolate playdough
- Easy 2 Ingredient Play Dough Recipe
- Simple Candy Corn Playdough – play and EAT!
- Super Soft Conditioner Playdough
Alphabet Printables for Preschoolers
- Handy, Free Alphabet Chart
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Find the Letter Dinosaur Alphabet Printables
- Fruit Loop or Skittle Alphabet Mat
- Alphabet Construction Activities for Preschoolers
- Bug Find the Letter Worksheets pdf
- Tracing Alphabet Popsicles Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Watermelon Seed Alphabet Mats Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Apple is for Apple Printable teaching beginning sounds from A to Z
- Flower Begining Sound Activity
- Traceable Alphabet Preschool Apple Activity
- Letter Crafts – we have a free printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Worksheets
- Simple preschool alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- Animal Alphabet Worksheets – dab the letter and trace the uppercase and lower case letters
- Printable Letter Mazes
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
Plus don’t miss our MANY preschool worksheets, fun alphabet printables, hands-on preschool math, clever ideas to learn colors, complete preschool themes, lots of playdoh mats, cute preschool crafts, and fantastic preschool books on our Preschool Play and Learn website.
Tracing letters a-z
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!