Kids love pretending to build and fix things, so what better why to help them learn about different tools than with these fun, free printable emergent reader books about tools. Preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children will learn about a variety of tools from a drill, wrench, axe, hammer, level and more as they read, color and learn with this tools printables. Simply print pdf file with emergent reader books to print and you are ready!
Emergent reader books pdf
Free printable emergent readers
Printable emergent reader books
These simple, low-prep books are easy to prepare. Just print, cut the pages in half and staple together. The color book is a great way to introduce the tools and to work on reading skills. Then, with the black and white copy of this book, children are also able to work on their fine motor skills as well as their reading skills. In this book, they can decorate the tools however they desire.
To use these two tool themed books:
- Read the sentence for your child while pointing to the words.
- Have your children say the sentence while pointing to the words.
- Color in the pictures in the black and white book before moving onto the next page.
- Work on fine motor skills by cutting out and pasting the name of the tools onto each page in the black and white book
Tool Names for Kids
The tools included in these books are:
- an axe
- hard hat
- tape measure
Looking for some more extention activities? Children can practice spelling the names of the tools on a separate piece of paper or use to match ‘real / toy’ tools to the ones in these books.
- Construction Counting to 20 – these playdough mats are a fun way to practice counting
- Practice sight words with this fun and free Construction Sight Wtords Game
- Construction Color By Code Worksheets
- Trace letters from A to Z with this clever Construction Tracing Alphabet Letters
- Tool Coloring Pages – kids will have fun strengthing fine motor skills and learning tool names with these simple, free printable sheets
- Build a CVC Word ~ Construction Themed
- Construction Tracing Letter Strips – kids will love practicing tracing their ABCs over and over again with these strips
- Huge Constrution Pack to help kids ages 3-8 learn about tools with these educational activities.
- Construction Phonics Game – kids will have fun practicing identiying beginning sounds and matching upper and lowercase letters with this fun game
- Tools Upper and Lowercase Matching – this alphabet game is a great way for kids to practice letter recognition
- Construction Letter Tracing – kids will have fun practing forming upper and lowercase letters with this fun, construction themed printable
- Tool Themed Playdough Mats – strengthen hand muscles while making tools out of playdough with these super cute playdough cards
- Construction Themed Worksheets – these no prep construction worksheets are a great way for prek / k age students to practice math and literacy skills
- Epic Construction Slime Recipe – this easy slime recipe is sure to be a hit with kids of all ages!
Emergent reader books printable free
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!