Kids will have fun practicing matching upper and lowercase letters as well as writing letters with this cute letter tracing activity. This Alphabet Matching has a fun construction theme to keep kids engaged while practicing forming letters. This abc tracing is a 2-in-1 alphabet activity prefect for preschool, pre-k, toddler, and kindergartn age students. Simply download pdf file with construction alphabet letters and you are ready to play and learn!
We love dual purpose activities! This construction themed printable is both an alphabet matching and a letter tracing activity! This abc printable is perfect for helping preschoolers and kindergarteners work on forming their letters with this letter matching game. This is sure to be a hit with your young learner as part of your next truck theme! Kids will trace the letters on the boxes. You can also cut each telescopic loader or flatbead truck in half and have children match the front half of the red, blue and yellow construction trucks with a capital letter to their back end with a lower case letter.
Construction alphabet letters
Letter Tracing Activity
Start out by printing out the tracing alphabet letters game in color on cardstock and/or laminate both for durability and to make it reusable. Cut out each individual truck square – there are four trucks per page. Included is a truck for every letter from A to Z.
Matching Upper and Lowercase Letters
This truck themed educational activity for preschoolers helps kids practice tracing alphabet letters. If you laminated your trucks, simply use a dry erase marker to practice making both upper and lowercase letters by tracing letters. Then wipe to erase and reuse as many times as you like.
When you are done you can store them in a large ziplock bag to use again and again.
HINT: For an extension idea have kids practice putting the trucks in alphabetical order from A to Z!
Once you’ve practice tracing the letters, you can turn the trucks into an alphabet game! Simply cut the trucks in half between the upper and lowercase letters. Now have students put the trucks back together by matching the upper lower case letters.
Construction activities for kids
Looking for more fun, FREE, and clever construction themed activities for kids?
- Try this Construction Free Phonics Game where kids will listen for beginning sounds and put that box on the correct truck. There are optional boxes to match upper and lowercase letters too!
- Construction Worksheets. to practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Constructin preschool sight word activities with a fun-to-play, free printable board game!
- Tools matching upper and lowercase letters game printable
- Construction theme Preschool with lots of clever and fun ideas
- Tools Playdough Mats
- Construction Playdough Mats – Counting to 20 Math Activity for Preschoolers
- Trace the Alphabet Letters on these cute Construction Printables
- HUGE pack of Construction Worksheets for practicing a variety of skills
- Free printable letter tracing construction worksheet
- I know my Tools Printable Reader for Construction Worksheets
- Construction Printables Letter Tracing Strips
- EPIC Construction SLIME recipe for playing with construction trucks laying a road
Looking for more alphabet worksheets or ablphabet activities for preschoolers? Check out these free printable resources!
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Letter for Crafts – we have a printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Simple free alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
Download Alphabet Trucks
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!