Celebrate fresh garden veggies like peas with this super cute, fun-to-make peas in a pod craft for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. This adorable Fingerprint Craft is a great spring craft for kids to make with their own fingers for a spring theme or a garden theme too!
Peas in a pod craft for toddlers
Using your fingers to create art is quite engaging for most children. Children love to feel the paint on their fingers. A little messy paint play provides a great sensory experience. Kids love to explore the pictures that result from applying the paint to paper! Fingerprint crafts are no exception. Moreover, fingerprint crafts provide a bit of nostalgia once the kiddos have grown. Grab the paint, yarn and paper and get a teeny bit messy. The children will love it! This peas in a pod craft for toddlers is such a cute peapod craft to make as a spring art project for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders.
- Green construction paper
- White paper
- Green paint
- Small dowels or skewers
- Yarn in various shades of green
- White Glue
Grab your white paper and lay it flat. Use the white glue to create the dowel (or skewer) trellis for the peapods. Apply the glue in three straight lines starting from a point at the top of the paper. Lay the dowels atop the glue. Next use the glue to create pea vines. Simply, squeeze the glue bottle over the trellis, creating curvy lines of glue going up and down the trellis. Add the various shades of green yarn to the glue.
Fold the green paper over itself about .5 inches. Use this folded piece to cut out the peapods. You will need to cut the peapods proportionally to your child’s finger. Make sure there is plenty of space to add the “peas”.
Spring Craft for Kids
Open each pod and lay them out for your child to apply their fingerprint peas. Have each child dip their finger in paint (just a little with do) and press down on the peapod. You can add several peas to one pod!
Once the fingerprint peas have dried, glue the pods to the vines. To do so, add a little blob of glue near the yarn and apply the pod, one side down. Gluing the pods in this manner will allow the pod to look closed. You and your kids will have fun opening the pods to see the tiny fingerprints peas inside.
Fun Preschool Crafts
If you liked this craft, please check out these other fun crafts for pre k, toddler, and preschool age students
- Printable Letter Crafts from A to Z
- Alphabet Paper Plate Crafts
- A to Z Handprint Alphabet Crafts
- 3 Sister Planting Craft
- 31 August Crafts for Kids
- Avocado Dough
- Fingerprint Counting Activity (with free printables)
- Shape Crafts for Kids
- Potato Stamped Tomatoes
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Craft
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Simple Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Free Beach Worksheets for Kids
- Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- July Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- July Activities for Kids
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- EASY, Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
Balloon Craft Ideas
Looking for more fun ways to play with balloons this summer?
- 25+ Water Balloon Games for Kids
- Drop & Paint – Water Balloon Painting Activity
- Roll & Paint – Outrageously FUN Balloon Painting Activity for Kids
- Balloon Paint Art Project for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Learning the Notes on a Staff with a FUN Music Activity for Kids
- Epic Ideas for Water Balloon Painting