Do your kids love collecting seashells? If so this super cute Learning Colors for Preschoolers activity is a fun way to help work on color recognition and color names while having fun! Turn these free printable cut and paste worksheets into Shell Color Reader to make practicing colors fun for toddlers and kindergartners.
Learning Colors for Preschoolers
Young children love combing the beach looking for beautiful sea shells to collect! It’s like a giant nature scavenger hunt and the prize is an appreciation and love of nature. This learning colors for preschoolers is a fun way to expand on that natural interest with a beach themed color activity perfect for summer learning. Children will cut and paste to put together their own Shell Color Reader book. This is such a fun way to teach colors to toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these low prep shell and pearl themed color reader for helping students work on fine motor skills while learning or reviewing their colors. This free reader is perfect for math and fine motor centers, for extra practice, at school or at home, or as part of a color study. With this pack, children will learn about eleven different colors.
Learning Colors for Preschool
Print off all the pages; there are two pages of the easy reader on each sheet of paper, you will need to cut out the reader book and staple together. This reader could also be held together by placing a binder ring in the top left hand corner. This method may prove easier for children to complete each page. There is also a page at the end of the pack that contains the pearls. Each pearl will need to be cut out as well.
Color Activity for Preschoolers
Each page of this book contains two activities.
- The first activity includes learning to read and write the name of the color. students will trace the color word on each page. I suggest having them trace the color word with the correct colored marker.
- The second activity is to cut and paste the correct colored pearl onto the matching seashell.
Children can practice cutting the pearls out for themselves, which will help them to work on their fine motor skills. Once cut out, they will then paste the pearl onto the matching shell.
To make this game reusable, stick a velcro dot onto the back of each pearl and the opposite velcro dot onto the white circle in the middle of the shell. Children can then place the pearl on the shell and then take it off to reuse.
Color Activities for Kids
Looking for more preschool color activities? Check these out.
- Connect the Dots Number Recognition Rainbow
- Goodnight Gorilla Color Activity
- Learning Colors Worksheets
- Learning Colors with Color Matching Wheels
- Preschool Color Book Printable
- Color By Code Worksheets
- Color Sorting Mats
- Color Printable Packs
- Color Words Puzzles
- Crayon Colors Math Craft
- Color Sorting Mats
- Printable Color Flashcards
- Fruit Loop Color Sorting Cards
- Free Colour Matching Worksheets for learning 11 common colors
Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Short A CVC Word Books
- Cut and Paste Worksheets Building Sentences
- Flower Word Family Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Long and Short Vowel Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Ice Cream Counting Printable
- Acorn Math Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Free Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets pdf
- Short A Cut and Paste Worksheets
Cut and Paste Color Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!