Learn all about cars, trucks, and other vehicles with your preschooler using this Transportation Preschool Theme! These transportation for preschool ideas include lots of transporation printables, transportation crafts, transportation activities for preschool, and lots of educational ideas for kids to learn math and literacy with a fun transportation theme. Use this with toddler, pre-k, and kindergarten age kids to make learning fun with cars, trucks, buses, boats, airplanes, trains, adn more!
Transportation Preschool Theme
Little kid are fascinated with cars, trucks, trains, blips, tractors, and basically anything that moves! I wonder if it is because they come in so many unusual shapes and such LARGE size! Either way, they have a natural interest and curiosity which makes it a great topic to include as a weekly theme. Use these fun, free, and clever ideas for making your transportation preschool theme. Wei’ve included cute transporatation theme math, transportation crafts for preschoolers, literacy, and free transportation printables.
Whether this is a transportation theme for toddlers, preschoolers, or transportation theme for kindergarten – these transportation activities for preschoolers are sure to make learning FUN!
Transportation for preschool
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love all these clever resources to make your own transportation for preschool. Use these at home, in the classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool preschool. These also make a great weekly theme for a letter t is for transportation or c is for car week.
Transportation crafts for preschoolers
If you are looking for some really cute transportation crafts with a car, boat, helicopeter, train, airplane, and other vehicle themes- check out these fun ideas!
- Simple popsicle stick airplane craft
- Or try this straw airplace craft
- Put together a cardboard bridge from Pinkey Socks
- Try an egg carton helicopter from The Craft Train
- Check out this egg carton train from the craft train
- Make a boat from recycled materials from J 4 Daniels Mom
- Discover why do boats float with this simple science lesson
- Put together a self-propelled boat from a margarine tub from Red Ted Art
- Try painting with cars for an outrageously FUN kids activity
- Make a rubber band powered car!
- Here’s an easy pirate cork boat to craft from red ted art
- Craft toilet paper cars from A Little Pinch of Perfect
- Try this easy locomotive kids’ craft from Preschool Tool Kit
Sneak in some fun counting, graphing, and comparission with these transportation math activities:
- Dump Truck Counting Mat – Count to 20 activity that uses foil or playdough as a hands on manipulative.
- Play a freight train counting game from Rainy Day Mum
- Practicing counting to 100 with this number train printable
- Try an airplane number game from Rainy Day Mum
- Practice counting with a construction site counting mat from Teaching with Childrens Books
- Count and graph with a fun transportation worksheet from School Time Snippets
- Practice adding with transportation clip cards from 3 Dinosaurs
- Weigh toy cars and find out how many make a pound from the Educators Spin on it
Transportation Literacy Activities
From practicing forming alphabet letters to tracing ABC pages, reading transportation word familes and more – these literacy activities for a transportation theme are sure to make learning engaging!
- Tools matching upper and lowercase letters game printable activity
- Practice the alphabet with playdough mats from the Chaos and the Clutter
- Work on handwriting with transportation ABC pages from Homeschool Preschool
- Learn about rhyming with Monster Truck Rhyming Wheels from Free Printable Worskheets for Kids
- Read a fun transportation easy reader book from 3 Dinosaurs
- Use these transportation free printable preschool worksheets tracing letters
- Practice reading with these adorable transportation theme kindergarten word families – slide and read the rhyming blend words with picture clues
Transportation Activities for Preschoolers
- EPIC Construction Slime as a Transportation Activities for Preschoolers
- Try this fun city play dough activity from Pickle Bums
- Make a balloon-powered sponge boat from the crafty train
- Check out this STEM activity: Wheels on the Bus from J4 Daniels Mom
- Make a washi-tape road maze from Active Littles for your kids
- Try a truck painting activity from Happily Ever After
- Put together a Lego transportation sensory bin from Happily Ever Mom
- Check out this Lego rubber band car from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Make a DIY chalkboard toy town from The Educators Spin on It for your kids to drive their vehicles in
- Preschool Transportation Theme Printables from Homeschool Preschool
- Car Shape Sorting Printables from Fluffy Tots
- Transportation Tracing Worksheets from Planes and Balloons
- Draw the Missing Half of Vehicles from Adventure in a Box
- Road Trip Drawing Prompts from Pickle Bums
- Air Transportation for Kids: Printable set from The Natural Homeschool
- Goodnight Construction Site Coloring Pages from Teaching Children with Books
- Key Workers Transport Pictures Domino Game for Kids from Rainy Day Mum
- Construction Vehicles Three Part Cards from The Wise Owl Factory
- Transportation Matching Game for Toddlers from SImple FUn for Kids
Transportation Books for Kids
Use one of these two options for using books in your Transportation theme:
- Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday.
- Or read your favorite book each of the week. Don’t worry about boring your kids as they love repetition so don’t worry about boring them!
Looking for more fun, free transportation printables to help kids learn a variety of skills with a fun transporation theme? You will love these transportation free printables:
- Construction Worksheets – looking for another huge pack with tons of activities to help teach your kindergartner? You will love this huge construction theme!
- Help kid spractice a variety of skills with this HUGE pack of Transportation Worksheets
- Free printable preschool worksheets tracing letters – practice handwriting while tracing letters with this fun transportation theme printable
- Preschool Construction Theme Printables to practice a variety of math and literacy skills with a no prep activity for early learners.
- Transportation Playdough Mats – Kids will have fun recreating vehicles while strengthening hands using play dough.
- School Bus Alphabet Matching – practice matter upper and lowerase letters with a fun back to school theme.
- Check out these transportation activities for preschool
- Transportation Pom Pom Activity Sheets – work on one to one correspondence with this fun hands-on transportation activity
- Don’t miss these fun-to-read Transportation Books for Kids
- Airplane cvc words worksheets to complete with do a dot markers
- Crazy Roads Kindergarten Sight Words Game or the pre-k sight words version or first grade sight words games edition
- Practice sight words with this fun, Train themed sightwordgame
- Construction Playdough Mats
- Printable Construction Sight Words Game
- Construction Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Construction Phonics Game
- Train Sight Words Game