Learn all about pumpkins with your preschooler using this Pumpkin Preschool Theme! Your kids will love these engaging pumpkin activities, pumpkin printables, hands-on pumpkin math preschool and pumpkin crafts! This pumpkin theme is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children to celebrate Autumn or Halloween in October.
Pumpkin Preschool Theme
Little kids love learning about pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns! Perhaps it’s because the fall harvest is so fascinating. And it’s fun to see how the world changes as the seasons change. Either way, children have a natural interest and curiosity which makes pumpkins a great topic to include as a weekly theme. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love all these clever resources to make your own pumpkin preschool theme. Use these fun, free, and delightful ideas for making your pumpkin lesson plans preschool with toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners too.
Pumpkin Crafts for Preschoolers
Looking for some cute preschool pumpkin crafts? You will love these clever ideas!
- Teach your kids to sew with a fun pumpkin sewing craft
- Make an egg carton pumpkin
- Craft an easy pumpkin suncatcher
- Try your hand at yarn pumpkins
- Make a paper plate pumpkin
- Try this no-carve melted crayon pumpkin
- Check out this fun Jack-o-Lantern craft
- Create some painted Jack-o-Lantern pumpkin rocks
- Make a button pumpkin
Pumpkin Math Preschool
Make math fun with these fall math ideas to work on counting, tracing numbers, numbers sense, and more!
- Practice math with a pumpkin addition printable
- Make a counting pumpkin seeds sensory bin
- Enjoy a simple math pumpkin activity
- Download a free pumpkin math addition pack
- Create a pumpkin matching sensory bin
- Complete some pumpkin shape puzzles
- Try these pumpkin pie number sense activities
- Play a pumpkin patch sum game
- Print these free pumpkin count and trace worksheets
Pumpkin literacy activities preschool
Work on letters, alphabet matching, rhyming and more with these fall literacy ideas:
- Color by letter with a fun Halloween phonics worksheet
- Enjoy a pumpkin pie word family activity
- Check out these alphabet pumpkin tracking activities
- Solve pumpkin homophone puzzles
- Learn to read color names with this free pumpkin printable
- Your kids will love this sight word pumpkin patch sensory bin
Pumpkin Activities for Preschoolers
Have a great time making crafts, pumpkin science, pumpkin art and more with these fun ideas!
- Learn about magnets with this fun pumpkin science activity
- Mix colors on foil for a fun pumpkin art activity
- Try pumpkin spin painting
- Make a pumpkin with chalk pastels
- Create a pumpkin volcano
- Make some pumpkin play dough
- Snack on Spookley, the square pumpkin snack
- Play with pumpkin slime made from pumpkins
Pumpkin Printables for Preschoolers
Plus don’t miss these free pumpkin printables to workon colors, pumpkin life cycle, addition, counting, shapes, and so many more!
- Life Cycle of a Pumpkin Printable
- Printable Pumpkin Template for Little Kids
- Printable: Colorful Pumpkin Sorting
- 7 Days of Pumpkin Printables for Kids
- Free Pumpkin Activity Pack
- 9 Pumpkin Carving Templates for Kids
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
Pumpkin Books for Preschoolers
Use one of these two options for using books in your pumpkin theme. Pick one or all of these 5 excellent books to read with your preschoolers:
- Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday.
- Or read your favorite book each of the week. Don’t worry about boring your kids as they love repetition so don’t worry about boring them!