This super cute, free Whale Printable helps preschool, pre k, kindergarten and first grade students learn about whales. This color, read, and learn activity is perfect for sneaking in some fun preschool science.
Themed Readers are a simple, low prep way for children to practice and improve their reading comprehension, vocabulary and their writing skills. This whale printable will also help preschoolers, kindergartners, or grade 1 students to work on their letter and word recognition which is an important part of learning to read. This is such a fun, no prep preschool science supplement for students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, you will love this free science printable for preschoolers.
Use these free, printable worksheets to practice and improve reading comprehension, vocabulary, sight words and writing. As they read, they will be working on learning three sight words, I, see and a. These are important skills that they will need later in life. These simple, yet thorough worksheets are a wonderful tool for young children to help improve their literacy skills while learning about different whales.
In this reader, children will learn about fourteen different whales including: baird’s beek whale, blue whale, orca whale (also known as the killer what), beluga whale, bowhead whale, dolphin whale, gray whale, fin whale, and humpback whale, After reading the sentence, they can trace the first three words of the sentence which are sight words. Then they can color in the picture of the whale.
If children want to color in the picture first, then these mats could be laminated and the children could use a dry-erase marker to complete the writing part or the mats could be left as they are and children can write in the answers with a pencil, pen or crayon, then color in the picture before making the pages into a book.
Ocean Activities for Kids
Looking for more ocean activities for kids? You will love these clever, free resources and ideas:
- Ocean Color by Number Worksheets
- Ocean Simple Coloring Pages
- Pearl Color Matching activity
- Try this Watercolor and Crayon Ocean Craft
- Ocean Printable Count & Trace for prek / k
- Cupcake Liner Octopus Craft
- O is for Ocean Weekly Theme for Prek / K
- Tons of ideas for a weeks worth of fun learning with an Ocean Theme
- Octopus Color Matching Craft
- 50 Amazing Ocean Crafts for Kids
- Free Ocean Coloring Pages
Learn all about Ocean Animals for Kids with this 250+ page unit filled with hands on science experiments and worksheets.
You may also enjoy these other great activities:
Download Whale Emergent Reader
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!