Looking for a fun Preschool Summer Activity that sneaks in summer math? This interative watermelon number lines activity is just what you are looking for. All you need are the watermelon printables and some magnetic numbers and you are ready to practice using a number line with preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children. Simply download pdf file with summer printable and you are ready to play and learn with this watermelon activity.
This adorable watermelon number line activity for preschoolers and kindergartners is engaging, fun, and hands-on. So let’s talk printable number lines. Why are they helpful, what do they do? Your preschooler can probably verbally count to 10, but do they know what those numbers mean? Do they know what they are saying? A number line activity like this one allows your preschooler to work on recognizing the numerals and placing them in value order.
This number line activity is great for preschool children.
Preschool Summer Activity
Engage your preschooler in a number line activity focusing on numbers 1-10. Your preschooler will practice identifying numerals and organizing them in value order. This will deepen their understanding of numbers as they go from reciting a memorized phrase (counting from 1-10) to recognizing the numeral for each number and their relationship to other numbers.
Your preschooler is going to have a lot of fun counting and sequencing numbers with this math number line games!
Printable number line
- Watermelon Number Line 1-10 Template
Download the FREE Watermelon Number Line 1-10 Template below.
Print and cut the template.
- Select one number line at a time
- Count the watermelons and write the missing numbers from the number line
Number Line Games
- You can laminate the template for durability and make it dry erase marker friendly
- If your preschooler isn’t ready to write numbers you can use number magnets instead
- Each watermelon has the corresponding number of seeds, so if your preschooler is having trouble sequencing they can count the seeds. This could also be a way of checking their work.
Looking for more watermelon activity ideas or two to make a week long watermelon theme or dive into the letter w is for watermelon? You will love these fun activities and free printables:
- Count playdough “seeds” with these adorable, Free Watermelon Printables
- Rows and rows of Watermelon Math Number Lines
- Fun-to-play with Fluffy Slime Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Cute Suncatcher Watermelon Craft
- W is for Watermelon HandArt Project
- Scented, Watermelon Kool Aid Play Dough Recipe for summer
- Slime Watermelon Activityies for Kids
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Watermelon Volcano Experiment – Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Work on Counting with these Watermelon worksheet
- Hands-on Alphabet practice with this Watermelon Activity
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Find the Letter Watermelon Worksheets
- Watermelon Printable Counting Clip Cards
- Free Watermelon seed counting Activity with printable
- Hands-on Watermelon Activity adding seeds with kids fingerprints
- Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Addition within 10 Watermelon Printable Math Activity
- Number Puzzles Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Ryming Words Watermelon Activity
- Watermelon Letter Matching Game
- Fact Family Watermelon Worksheets
- Watermelon Life Cycle Spinner
- Squish Bag Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Plus don’t miss these Watermelon Activities
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Simple Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Free Beach Worksheets for Kids
- Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- July Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- July Activities for Kids
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- EASY, Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
Download Watermelon Number Line 1-10 Template
Before you download your Watermelon Number Line 1-10 printable, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.