Kids will have fun practicing what comes next working with these adorable, FREE Watermelon Number Lines. This is a great summer math activity for preschoolers.
Watermelon Number Lines
This adorable watermelon number line activity for preschoolers is engaging, fun, and hands-on. So let’s talk number lines. Why are they helpful, what do they do? Your preschooler can probably verbally count to 10, but do they know what those numbers mean? Do they know what they are saying? A number line activity like this one allows your preschooler to work on recognizing the numerals and placing them in value order.
This number line activity is great for preschool children.
Math Number Line
Engage your preschooler in a number line activity focusing on numbers 1-10. Your preschooler will practice identifying numerals and organizing them in value order. This will deepen their understanding of numbers as they go from reciting a memorized phrase (counting from 1-10) to recognizing the numeral for each number and their relationship to other numbers.
Your preschooler is going to have a lot of fun counting and sequencing numbers with this math number line games!
Number Line to 10
- Watermelon Number Line 1-10 Template
- Download the FREE Watermelon Number Line 1-10 Template below.
- Print and cut the template.
- Select one number line at a time
- Count the watermelons and write the missing numbers from the number line
Number Line Games
- You can laminate the template for durability and make it dry erase marker friendly
- If your preschooler isn’t ready to write numbers you can use number magnets instead
- Each watermelon has the corresponding number of seeds, so if your preschooler is having trouble sequencing they can count the seeds. This could also be a way of checking their work.
Looking for another watermelon activity or two to make a week long watermelon theme or dive into the letter w is for watermelon? You will love these fun activities and free printables:
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats
- Watermelon free printable Number Line
- Cute Watermelon Suncatcher Craft
- Watermelon Handprint Art Project
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- free Watermelon seed counting worksheet
- Hands-on Watermelon Alphabet Mat Printable
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Watermelon Counting Clip Cards
- Watermelon seed counting worksheet
- Hands-on Watermelon Counting Activity
- Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
Looking for more preschool number activities? Check these out.
- Farm Animal Number Line
- Preschool Counting Activity – Community Helpers
- Muffin Counting
- Fruit Loops Ten Frames
- Animal Cookies Count to Ten
Download Watermelon Number Line 1-10 Template
Before you download your Watermelon Number Line 1-10 printable, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.