Practice letter recognition with free printable literacy activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students that is engaging and easily adaptable for all ability levels. The best part about this letter tracing activity is that there are multiple activities in one. You can use this preschool letter printable to work on upper and lowercase letter matching, tracing letters, and beginning sounds. Basically you are getting 4 activities in one.
Literacy Activities for Preschoolers
These free printable, 4-in-1 literacy activities for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students can be used for multiple skills. Use this free abc printable to work on letter recognition, alphabet tracing, and matching pictures with beginning sounds.
Preschool literacy activities
You can use this free literacy printable to practice a variety of early literacy skills with your preschoolers.
- Letter Recognition – identify a capital or lowercase letter by name, match capital and lowercase letters to their counterpart
- Letter Writing – write capital and lowercase letters with varying levels of assistance (tracing vs. independent)
- Phonics – identify the sound letters make
- Use letter magnets to match the corresponding letter
- Write/trace the letters (capital and lowercase) in the empty boxes with a dry erase marker if you laminate the strips (making it reusable) or a crayon, marker, pencil to use the activity once.
- Match the picture strips to the letter mats based on the letters beginning sound. (great for developing phonemic awareness as students listen for beginning sounds)
As a mom and teacher, I love that these activities are adaptable. That means I can use the same resource for my toddler, preschooler, and pre k kiddos. I can prep once and each kid can get an activity that meets their developmental needs.
Looking for more preschool alphabet activities? Check these out.
- Letter Tracing Sandcastles
- Candy Letter Recognition
- Beginning Sounds Game
- Feed the Monster Letter Activity
- Dot Sticker Flowers Letter Worksheet
- Alphabet Train
- Phonics Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Beginning Sound Do a Dot Printables
Download Letter Mat Template
Before you download your Letter Mat Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.