This Aladdin themed activity is such a fun way for prek and kindergarten age kids to practice alphabet recognition while having fun!
Looking for fun ways to have kids sorting their alphabet letters? How about using this fun, hands-on and interactive way to help engage and motivate the kids to learn their letters! This center has a great theme which will sure to engage even the most reluctant kids. Read on to see how you can setup this fun fairytale themed center!
- A4 paper (optional colored paper)
- Colored magnetic letters (optional)
Print and laminate the mats provided, cut out the lamp cards along with the palace mat. You can use magnetic letters instead of the alphabet square cards provided if you wish. Place them on a tray (optional) along with some magnetic alphabet letters.
Start by showing the kids the palace mat along with the alphabet cards. Tell them that they will be choosing an alphabet card, placing it on the palace and then finding the matching letters on the lamp cards. You could print two palace mats and have the kids sorting between two different letters. Or for an easier version, just allow the kids to sort the cards on one mat. You can also create a competition for who matches their letters and finishes finding all the ‘alphabet lamps’ first (as an extension activity). Another way you can use these mats is to hide the ‘alphabet lamps’ around the room and have the kids play a scavenger hunt to find and match them onto the mats. Alternatively, you can print mini copies of these mats (2 on one page) in black and white and have each child circle the letter they found around the room. Easy and fun!
Be sure to have your kids sound out the letter they found as they match it. As an added activity, you could have them name a word that begins with that letter such as A for apple and place the letter on the mat. This is a great way to get pre-schoolers or kindergarten kids to practice their alphabet recognition skills in a fun and engaging activity!
Looking for more fun, free alphabet pritnables to make learnings ABCs fun for preschool and kindergarten age kids? You will love these alphabet worksheets:
- Beginning Sounds Snowman – kids will have fun working on letters and the sounds they make with this fun, winter phonics activity for kids
- Pumpkin Traceable Letters – students will have fun learning to form upper and lowercase letters using playdough and these pumpkin playdough mats
- Alphabet Sounds Apple Book – another free abc reader that helps kids work on phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Coloring Pages – color letters and clipart to make your own A-Z reader while working on phonemic awareness
- Fish Letter Find – this free printable is a fun way for kids to work on letter recognition
- Easter ABC Letter Matching – this fun alphabet game allows kids to practice mathching letters
- Printable Letter Crafts – free pritnable alphabet crafts to print, cut and paste together
- Fruit Loop Alpahbet Snack Mat – fun hands-on activity for making letters and working on one to one correspondence
- Construction Phonics Game – kids will have fun matching lowercase and capital letters and items withthe same beginning sounds with this fun, hands on activity
- Alphabet Tracing Popsicles – super cute pritnable that allows kids practice tracing upper and lowercase alphabet letters
- Printable Alphabet Hats – super cute alphabet printable perfect for a letter of the week curriculum and working on beginning sounds
Download Aladdin Alphabet Game
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!