4th of July Firework Craft for Preschoolers (with free printables)
Kids will love making this beautiful firework craft to celebrate America’ Independence Day on July 4th. This summer crafts for preschoolers uses a free 4th of July printable as a starting point. Then children will use a simple, but stunning watercolor painting with salt technique to make this independence day craft ideas. Use this fourth of July crafts for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students too.
Nothing celebrates summer or the 4th of July like fireworks for kids! This firework craft is a pretty fourth of July activities for preschoolers to make leading up to the big day or as they remember what the fire works looked like in the night sky. Try these fourth of July crafts with preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grdae, and 4th graders too. WE’ve provided fourth of july printables to use as a background for your 4th of July activities for preschoolers with templates including the Statue of Libery, patriotic kids, and more!
4th of July Printables
Independence Day Craft Ideas
All you need to make one of these cute July crafts for preschoolers are a few simple materials:
- Patriotic template (below)
- table salt
- school glue
- Water color paint set (including paint brush)
Watercolor Painting with Salt
Draw fireworks, rockets, stars, etc with your liquid glue bottle on the 4th of july printable template of your choice. Now sprinkle the glue with salt. Then shake off the excess salt.
Fourth of July Crafts for Preschoolers
Dip your paintbrush in the watercolor paints and then gently touch the salt to pass the color. Clean off brush when switching between colors and continue to paint your salt.
Fourth of July Activities for Preschoolers
There are lots of Fourth of July printable templates to choose from including both color and black and white versions of:
- Chearleader that says USA
- map of the United States with the words USA in the center
- American flag
- Happy 4th of July with United States of America Flag
- Patriotic boy and girl holding a flag
- Statue of Liberty
- Happy 4th of July with Lady Liberty
- State of Liberty and words Happy Independence Day
Fourth of July Crafts
This is such a fun twist on salt painting projects as it uses a tempalte to make it look like the fireworks are shooting off over this iconic American symbol of freedom and patriotism!
There are endless possibilities mixing the different template choices with different colors, sizes, and shapes of fireworks. THis makes such a cute patriotic craft that can be used for not only Independence Day, but Memorial Day, Presidents Day, and more!
4th of July Printables
Looking for more fun and FREE fourth of July printables? You will love these:
- Kids will have practicing number recognition while revealing patriotic hidden images in these FREE 4th of July Color by Number Worksheet
- The whole family will have fun playing this free printable 4th of July Bingo Game
- Super cute, free 4th of July Hat Craft
- Fourth of July I Spy – super cute 4th of July Worksheets
- Free 4th of July Worksheets for Preschool kids
- Learn more about the good old USA with these American Symbols Worksheets
- American Symbols for Kids themed worksheets
- Read, Color, and Learn about American Symbols for Kids
- Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Have fun grilling with these 4th of July Activity counting with playdough mats
- Practice CVC Words with this fun, educational 4th of July Activity
- Color by Hundreds Chart 4th of July Worksheets
4th of July Activities
- 100 FUN 4th of July Crafts & Activities for Kids
- Try this easy Fireworks 4th of July Craft
- Bleeding Tissue Paper 4th of July Crafts
- Print off these FREE 4th of July Coloring Pages to help kids learn about common patriotic symbols.
- Try this EASY Red, White and Blue 4th of July Science Experiment!
- Fireworks in a Jar – 4th of July Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Subtraction 4th of July Math Worksheets
- Magic Milk 4th of July Science Experiments
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket 4th of July Science Experiment for Kids
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft
- Firework 4th of July Crafts for Preschoolers
- Bomb Pop Fourth of July Craft
- Founding Father George Washington Craft
- Simple 4th of July Fireworks Crafts painted with TP roll
- Over 100 4th of July Activities and Crafts for Kids of all ages!
- 4th of July Firework Craft for Independence Day with free printable templates
4th of July Printables FREE
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!