Whether you are studying how caterpillars turn into butterflies celebrating these cute insects, or just looking for a fun bug craft for kids, this free printable caterpillar craft for preschoolers is perfect! Print the caterpillar printable and follow our simple step-by-step instructions to learn how to make a caterpillar with a simple paper craft. This caterpillar art preschool, pre-k, toddler, kindergarten, and first graders is perfect for a spring craft too!
Caterpillar craft for preschoolers
Looking for a super cute, FUN, and easy-to-make caterpillar craft for kids? this paper caterpillar craft is just what you are looking for. Grab the free printable craft, some crayons, scissors, and tape or glue and you are ready to make your own cute caterpillar craft for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
How to make a caterpillar
Print both the caterpillar page template and the leaf page templates.
HINT: Make sure you print the file once saved on your local desktop or laptop to avoid getting a black box around the images which results in an error between your internet speed and printer. Also in your printer settings you make click “scale to fit” if any of the images are going off the edge of the paper.
Color the leaf template with crayons, markers, or colored pencils. We love the bold look of using markers.
Now color the caterpillars any color you like. You will need a head and a “bumpy part” for each caterpillar.
Hint: The template includes an extra body so you can pick the length you like best.
Caterpillar activities for preschoolers
Carefully use scissors to cut out the head and body parts. Cut the slits along the straight side of the body.
Caterpillar art preschool
Fold the paper along the slits every other direction and crease so the section will stand up. You just made the legs.
Use tape or glue to affix the caterpillar head to his body,
Set the caterpillar on top of his leaf. You can glue him on if you like, but my kids had fun playing with the caterpillar and his leaf and enjoyed moving the project around.
Caterpillar craft for kids
Here you can see the project from over head to make sure you have grasped the super simple, but hard-to-explain way the legs are folded back and for to make these cute bugs stand up.
Insect Craft for Preschoolers
Aren’t these just hte cutest little insects! Plus this bug craft is super simple paper craft that takes no prep and no extra, hard-to-find supplies to make. Print off multiple copies for your children to make whole bunch of cute, little paper caterpillars.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables
Plus don’t miss these very hungry caterpillar printables!
- Super cute, HUGE pack of FREE The Very Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Days of the Week Printables
- Free The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables Tracing Numbers Worksheets
- Learning about Money Hungry Caterpillar Game Printable
- THe Very Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards – NUMBERS
- Hundreds Chart Coloring The Very Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets
- 26 Super Cute The Very Hungry Caterpillar Crafts and Activities
- Plus, don’t miss our Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Party
- Caterpillar CVC Words Activities
Crafts for Preschoolers
- Straw Painting Whale Craft
- Camping Name Craft for Preschoolers
- Cheery Suncatcher Sun Craft for Preschoolers
- Printable Alphabet Crafts
- Exploding Paint Craft
- Simply Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Simple Sunflowers Craft for Preschoolers
- Printable Caterpillar Craft for Preschoolers
- Super Cute Printable Paper Fish Craft for Preschoolers
- Printable Giraffe Craft for Preschoolers
- Paint Swatch Tree Craft for Preschoolers
Crafts for Kids
To help you get started, here are some of our favorite kids crafts.
- Cute Printable Flower Name Craft
- Paper Plate Parrot Craft
- Adorable Donut Father’s Day Craft
- Counting Pumpkin Pie Craft
- Fidgetspinner Firework Craft Ideas
- Pretty Tulip Flower Crafts
- Simple Balloon Painting Art Project
- Bubble Wrap and Pufy Paint Ice Cream Craft
- Pasta Butterfly Craft
- Space Name Craft for Preschoolers
- Paper Plate Rainbow Craft for Preschoolers
Free printable crafts
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!