Join Old MacDonald on his farm with this fun, free printable Farm Theme CVC Words Short i reader. This cvc short i is a great way to help preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to practice the phonics skills they’ve been learning on letter sounds, beginning sounds, middle sounds, and ending sounds to make words!
CVC Short I
Children will love the fun detective theme of these CVC Short i printable. Plus parents, teachers, and homeschoolers will love that this CVC Words Short i reader is low prep and perfect for helping students work on their reading skills while learning CVC words. Use this cvc activity with kindergarteners, preschoolers and grade 1 students.
CVC Words Short i
CVC Words Printables
There are a variety of activities included in this reader. At the start of the book is a list of all the CVC words that will be learnt throughout the book. Children can practice reading and writing these words then color in the picture when they have learnt them.
The next few pages in the book contain a couple of activities. There are two bags of grain that contain a picture of one of the CVC words they have learnt at the start of the book. The letters to spell the CVC word are scrambled. After they read the sentence which is great for sight word practice, they will unscramble the letters to make the CVC word. Once this is completed, they can decorate the farmer and the bags of grain.
The last page of the reader contains a strip of letter formation practice of the short vowel sound that they have been working on throughout the book. This printable pack is filled with super cute clipart your child can color with crayons, markers, or colored pencils as it comes in black and white to save you on printer ink costs.
CVC Words Worksheets
Looking for more fun cvc printables to help your children practice reading, writing, and spelling cvc words as they improve phonics skills and begin to read independently? You will love these free cvc activities.
- Pirate CVC Short A Words Printable Reader
- Become a detective and solve the clues in this super cute, Free CVC Short e Words Printable
- Unscramble the words in the CVC Short o Words Printable
- Get ready for your trip by unscrambling the word to spell the item in your suitcase with these Free Vacation CVC Short u Words Printable
- Christmas CVC Words on Santa’s Sleigh. If you are looking for a fun way to practice CVC words with a holiday theme, you will love this free printable activity.
- This super cute Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity is a great way for kids to improve reading while having fun with an educational activity.
- 4th of July CVC Words Activity. Sneak in some summer learning with this sight words activity for early learners.
- Make practicing Short Vowel CVC Words with these engaging puzzles. This is such a fun, low prep, free printable literacy activity.
- Scarecrow CVC Words Activity is a fun fall themed literacy activity for preschoolers, kindergarteners, and first graders.
- CVC Short I Activities
- Build a CVC Word – Crab Themed
- CVC Tracing Strips
- This adorable Crayon CVC Words Activity is perfect for back to school learning with young kids.
- Perfect for spring; build these Caterpillar CVC Words.
- Do you want to build a snowman? How about a non-cold CVC Words Snowman!
- CVC Word Middle Sounds Clip Cards are a fun way to practice
- Cut and Paste to make these CVC Words Printables to help kids practice sounding out words
- Tons of really fun, engaging, and Free CVC Words Activities
- Crack the Code CVC Words Worksheets
Farm Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, FREE farm printables for kids? Take a peak below!
- Farm Sentence Worksheets – practice building sentences as you cut and paste
- Baby Farm Animal Puzzles.
- Farm Do a Dot Printables to do with bingo markers or circle stickers to practice numbers 1-10 with these
- Farm Sequencing Worksheets
- I Live on the Farm Emergent Reader to make with cutting and pasting
- Planting Carrot CVC Words
- Farm Color by Number Worksheets for practicing number recognition as you reveal hidden images
- On the Farm Writing Prompts
- Farm Cutting Printables. help kids strengthen motor skills and accuracy using scissors
- I Spy Farm Animals
- Fun 25 Farm Activities for kids of all ages
- Farm Printable Pack
- Seasons on the Farm Printable
- Farm themed Kindergarten Sight Words Game
- HUGE Farm Unit has everything you could want to teach Kindergartners life cycles, math, and literacy plus science experiments, social studies, emergent readers and so much more!
Download CVC Short i Words Flip Book
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!