Figure out what to pack in your suitcase for your next “trip” with this fun, free printable Vacation Theme CVC Words Short u reader. This cvc short u is a great way to help preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to practice the phonics skills they’ve been learning on letter sounds, beginning sounds, middle sounds, and ending sounds to make words!
CVC Short u
Children will love the fun detective theme of these CVC Short u printable. Plus parents, teachers, and homeschoolers will love that this CVC Words Short u reader is low prep and perfect for helping students work on their reading skills while learning CVC words. Use this cvc activity with kindergarteners, preschoolers and grade 1 students.
CVC Words Short u
CVC Words Printables
There are a variety of activities included in this reader. At the start of the book is a list of all the CVC words that will be learnt throughout the book. Children can practice reading and writing these words then color in the picture when they have learnt them.
The next few pages in the book contain a couple of activities. There is a suitcase that contains a picture of one of the CVC words they have learnt at the start of the book. The letters to spell the CVC word are scrambled. After they read the sentence which is great for sight word practice, they will unscramble the letters to make the CVC word. Once this is completed, they can decorate the child and the suitcase.
The last page of the reader contains a strip of letter formation practice of the short vowel sound that they have been working on throughout the book. This printable pack is filled with super cute clipart your child can color with crayons, markers, or colored pencils as it comes in black and white to save you on printer ink costs.
CVC Words Worksheets
Looking for more fun cvc printables to help your children practice reading, writing, and spelling cvc words as they improve phonics skills and begin to read independently? You will love these free cvc activities.
- Pirate CVC Short A Words Printable Reader
- Become a detective and solve the clues in this super cute, Free CVC Short e Words Printable
- Help the farmer with his chore of learning cvc short i words with this fun, free printable activity!
- Unscramble the words in the CVC Short o Words Printable
- Christmas CVC Words on Santa’s Sleigh. If you are looking for a fun way to practice CVC words with a holiday theme, you will love this free printable activity.
- This super cute Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity is a great way for kids to improve reading while having fun with an educational activity.
- 4th of July CVC Words Activity. Sneak in some summer learning with this sight words activity for early learners.
- Make practicing Short Vowel CVC Words with these engaging puzzles. This is such a fun, low prep, free printable literacy activity.
- Scarecrow CVC Words Activity is a fun fall themed literacy activity for preschoolers, kindergarteners, and first graders.
- CVC Short U Activities
- CVC Tracing Strips
- CVC Pencil Puzzles
- This adorable Crayon CVC Words Activity is perfect for back to school learning with young kids.
- Perfect for spring; build these Caterpillar CVC Words.
- Do you want to build a snowman? How about a non-cold CVC Words Snowman!
- CVC Word Middle Sounds Clip Cards are a fun way to practice
- Cut and Paste to make these CVC Words Printables to help kids practice sounding out words
- Tons of really fun, engaging, and Free CVC Words Activities
- Crack the Code CVC Words Worksheets
Download CVC Short u Words Flip Book
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!