Are you in need of some Free Printable short vowel readers to use with your students or children at home? This super cute, free printable Pirate Themed CVC Words Short a reader is a great way to introduce preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to cvc short a words with a fun cut and paste worksheet style activity.
CVC Short A
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low prep CVC Short A reader for helping students work on their reading skills while learning CVC words. This free pirate themed reader is perfect for preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students. Use these in literacy and social studies centers, for extra practice, at school or at home, summer learning or as part of practicing CVC words.
CVC Words Short a
CVC Words Printables
There are a variety of activities included in this reader. At the start of the book is a list of all the CVC words that will be learned throughout the book. Children can practice reading and writing these words then color in the picture when they have learnt them.
The next few pages in the book contain a couple of activities. There is a map that contains a picture of one of the CVC words they have learnt at the start of the book. The letters to spell the word are scrambled. After they read the sentence which is great for sight word practice as well, they will unscramble the letters to make the CVC word – this is such a great way to piece together phonemic awareness, beginning sounds, middle sounds, ending sounds they’ve learned to make an easy to read word using phonics skills.
Once this is completed, they can decorate the pirate and the map.
The last page of the reader contains a strip of letter formation practice of the short vowel sound that they have been working on throughout the book. This printable pack is filled with super cute clipart your child can color with crayons, markers, or colored pencils as it comes in black and white to save you on printer ink costs.
CVC Words Worksheets
Looking for more fun cvc printables to help your children practice reading, writing, and spelling cvc words as they improve phonics skills and begin to read independently? You will love these free cvc activities.
- Become a detective and solve the clues in this super cute, Free CVC Short e Words Printable
- Help the farmer with his chore of learning cvc short i words with this fun, free printable activity!
- Unscramble the words in the CVC Short o Words Printable
- Get ready for your trip by unscrambling the word to spell the item in your suitcase with these Free Vacation CVC Short u Words Printable
- Christmas CVC Words on Santa’s Sleigh. If you are looking for a fun way to practice CVC words with a holiday theme, you will love this free printable activity.
- This super cute Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity is a great way for kids to improve reading while having fun with an educational activity.
- 4th of July CVC Words Activity. Sneak in some summer learning with this sight words activity for early learners.
- Make practicing Short Vowel CVC Words with these engaging puzzles. This is such a fun, low prep, free printable literacy activity.
- Scarecrow CVC Words Activity is a fun fall themed literacy activity for preschoolers, kinderartners, and first graders.
- CVC Short A Activities
- CVC Pencil Puzzles
- CVC Tracing Strips
- This adorable Crayon CVC Words Activity is perfect for back to school learning with young kids.
- Perfect for spring; build these Caterpillar CVC Words.
- Do you want to build a snowman? How about a non-cold CVC Words Snowman!
- CVC Word Middle Sounds Clip Cards are a fun way to practice
- Cut and Paste to make these CVC Words Printables to help kids practice sounding out words
- Tons of really fun, engaging, and Free CVC Words Activities
- Crack the Code CVC Words Worksheets
- I Spy Pirate Game with free printable worksheets
- Free Pirate Printables – worksheets for early elementary age kids to work on math and litearcy skills
- Gingerbread Pirates Actvities
- Free printable Pirate Color by Number Printable
- Simple Pirate Coloring Pages
- Cute Pirate Coloring Pages
- Free Pirate Worksheets for Preschool
- FUN Pirate Theme Preschool
- Cute Paper Plate Parrot Craft
- Pirate Handwriting Tracing Strips for working on pre-writing skills
- Simple Pirate Ship Craft
- Pirate Colors Book Printable
- Pirate Family Fun Night
- Free Jake and the Neverland Pirates Worksheets
These fun pirate activity ideas help young children work on early litearcy skills like letter sounds, writing their ABCs, reading simple cvc words, and reading sight words too.
- Free Pirate Games workign on Kindergarten sight words
- Pirate Letter Sound Games Printable Activity – includes both mathing letters and soritng by beginning sounds
- Super cute, FREE Printable ABC Pirate Worksheets
- Pirate Short a cvc words short a
- Pirate Parts of Speech Coloring Sheet
- Free Pirate BINGO Parts of Speech Game
Use these fun pirate themed worksheets and printable activities to help kids work on tracing numbers, couting, shapes, number sense, fractions, and more pirate math skills!
- Argh! Pirate Number Tracing Worksheets
- Free Pirate Shapes Themed Shape Reader
- Number Pirate Flashcards
- Make-a-Reader – Pirate Shapes Printable
- Pluder the Treasure in this Pirate Number Sense Games
- Count and Clip Pirate Counting
- Pirate Numbers 11-20 Worksheets pdf
- Hands-on Pirate Addition Color by Number
- Fun Pirate Reducing Fractions Game
- Pirate Place Value Games for making practicing place value fun
CVC Short A Words Flip Book
By using this resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!