Grab these Animal Puzzles for a fun way to practice number sequencing and have fun with real pictures of fascinating wild animals at the same time. If your child likes cute animals, then this animal math is sure to interest them and make this an engaging number sequencing game for your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students. Simply print the free animal printables to use this number sequencing activities for preschoolers.
These animal number sequencing puzzles are low-prep and are perfect for teaching preschoolers and kindergarteners about number order. These animal puzzles feature vibrant animal pictures of a tiger, bear, sloth, lion, deer, peacock, gorilla, monkey, panda, zebra, rhino, elephant, koala, tapir, penguin, and giraffee. We’ve included animal number sequencing puzzles to work on numbers 1-5 and 1-10. I love these number sequencing activities because it gets learners to practice about so many different skills at one time.
- Number Sequencing
- Wild Animals
- Fine Motor Skills
- Puzzle Solving
This printable features real photos of 16 Wild Animals in their natural habitats making the photos very attractive and enticing to your little learners. The printable is also differentiated to allow learners to practice their sequencing of their numbers based on their how familiar they are with their numbers.
Animal Number Sequencing Puzzles
Number Sequencing Puzzles Free Printable
This printable is low prep, so prepping this printable makes it a breeze.
You will require the following materials.
- Scissors or Paper cutter
To prep this printable, first print out the pages and laminate if desired. If multiple learners will be using the printable, lamination is highly recommended. Cut the puzzles along the vertical lines to create the number strips which learners will put together.
Number Sequence Game
The printable is differentiated to allow learners to practice number sequencing based on which numbers they require practice on and they are familiar with.
The printable contains the following:
- 16 Puzzles for Numbers 1 to 5
- 16 Puzzles for Numbers 1 to 10
- Blank Number Template for 1 to 5 and 1 to 10
There are 16 animals included in the puzzles, which are listed below.
- Tiger puzzle
- Bear puzzle
- Lion puzzle
- Deer puzzle
- Peacock puzzle
- Gorilla puzzle
- Monkey puzzle
- Panda puzzle
- Zebra puzzle
- Rhino puzzle
- Elephant puzzle
- Koala puzzle
- Tapir puzzle
- Sloth puzzle
- Giraffe puzzle
- Penguin puzzle
Number sequencing activities
Present the number strips to your learner. Use either the numbers 1-5 or 1-10 depending on your learner.
Depending on your learner, this printable can be used in several ways.
The first one, would be to present only the strips and ask them to put the pieces together based solely on the number sequencing.
The second option, would be to provide the learner with the blank template that is found in the printable, and ask them to match the numbers onto the template to put the puzzle pieces together. It might be helpful to use velcro dots to prevent the pieces from slipping around. Alternatively, get the learner to glue the pieces onto the template as they put the pieces together. This will definitely reduce the stress of the learner as they put the puzzle pieces together.
Number sequencing activities for preschoolers
The last option, would be to do this just as a puzzle activity, and instead of focusing on the numbers, the learners can solve the puzzles using their puzzle solving skills.
You can also practice building on your learners vocabulary as well and the recognition of the animals. A fantastic idea would be to pair the number puzzles with the wild animals flashcards. This would work great as a math and literacy center combined into one. The animals found in the number puzzles are also available as flashcards in this set.
Lastly, as always only present puzzles that your learner can handle. Overwhelming your learner can take the fun out of learning, so make it an enjoyable activity for you and your little one!
- Are you My Mother? Matching Mom & Baby Farm Animals
- Animal Homes Clip Cards
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- 100+ FUN Zoo Animal Crafts
- Nocturnal Animal Game for Kids
- Zoo Animal Reports
- Free Zoo Animals Worksheet – several leverls to choose from toddler, prek, elementary and middle school
- Jello Animal Cell Project
- Endagnered Animals Find the Letter Worksheets
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Silly Animals and their Habitats Activity
- Animal Habitats Worksheets to complete with circle stickers
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Animal Cookie Matching Activity
- Jungle Animal Coloring Pages
Animal Activities for Kids
- Jello Animal Cells Project
- Silly Puzzles Animal Habitat Activity
- Nocturnal Animals Printables
- Endangered Animals Worksheets
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
- Life Cycle of Salmon Worksheets
- Life Cycle of an Ant
- Free Bat Life Cycle Worksheets
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheets
- Hatching Butterflies with Free Butterfly Printable worksheet and observation journal
- Life Cycles for Kids – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Farm Animals and Their Babies Puzzles
- Animal Habitat Game
- Free Printable Animal Hidden Picture Worksheets
We have lots of fun, hands on activities to teach kids about animals! Whether you are completing a zoology lesson , supplementing your homeschool science lesson, or just learning about your child’s favorite animals, we’ve got some fantastic resources filled with cute clipart and engaging activities:
- Free Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt (includes simple picture clues for Pre k and more complex animal classification, biomes, endangered threat, etc for older elementary age students
- Animal Classification Worksheets to cut & paste
- Free Hibernation Printables
- Shark for Kids Printble Reader
- Endangered Animals Worksheet
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 pages organized into 7 lessons to study aquatic animals using easy-to-understand text, hands-on science experiments, fun worksheets, and more with K-8th grade students.
- Animal Habitat Worksheets – Do a Dot Printable
- Jungle Writing Prompts Worksheets for kids
- Animal I Spy Worksheets
Animals for Kids
Sneak in some additional learning activities featuring these amazing animals with these clever resources:
- Zoo Animals Color by Number
- Count to 10 Zoo Animals Reader
- Animal Homes for Kids Clip Cards
- I Spy Animals Worskheet
- Jungle Animal Coloring Pages
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Preschool Animals Theme
- Animal Activities for Preschoolers with Animal Cookies
- Beginning Sounds Animal Cards
- Uppercase Tracing Letters with Animals A-Z
- Printable Animal Masks
- Animal I Spy
- Count and Cover Zoo Animals with Cheerios
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
- Animals with their Babies Names Printable Puzzles
- FREE Animal Dot to Dot Worksheets
Printable animal jigsaw puzzles
Before you grab your free shark name activity, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.