Does your preschooler love animals? Then check out this amazing animal preschool theme!
Animal Preschool Theme
Use one of these two options for using books in your animal theme:
- Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday.
- Or read your favorite book each of the week. Don’t worry about boring your kids as they love repetition so don’t worry about boring them!
Pick one or all of these 5 excellent books to read with your preschoolers:
Preschool Animal Theme
- Make a tropical blue Morpho Butterfly
- Create easy paper plate animal masks
- Try your hand at a paper plate lion
- Check out this paper plate ladybug (or ladybird)
- Make a paper plate giraffe
- And your kids will love this paper plate cat
- Don’t skip this paper plate hippopotamus
- Try your hand at a rocking paper plate bee
- Or make a paper plate frog with a moving tongue
- Turn pistachio shells into turtles
- Make chicks out of rocks
- And snowy owls from pine cones
- Save your children’s handprints by making a handprint bunny
- Or a handprint fish
- Quill a seahorse
- Make a monkey out of a mushroom
- Try a galloping zebra finger puppet
- Make a paper roll fish
- Your kids will love these free bird pattern block designs
- Practice color matching and counting with a handprint fish
- Count to 10 with farm friends counting cards
- Learn skip counting with forest animals slip counting puzzles
- Print these bee math worksheets
- Play a ladybug addition math game for even more math fun
- Count to 20 with dot-to-dot printables
- Love duplos, then check out the Lego Duplo Animal Alphabet
- Read an Ocean Animal Interactive Reader together
- Study antonyms with these fun animal puzzles
- Learn new words with baby farm animal puzzles
- Play an arctic animal sight-words game
- Learn how big a whale is with a fun science activity
- Create cardboard animals for small world play
- Enjoy butterfly art together
- Draw the missing half of insects
- Host an Animal Fashion Show
- Explore various animal habitats
- Compare forest and arctic animals’ habitats
- Learn how animals eat their food
- Make a zoo themed rice sensory bin
- Toss a dice and walk like an animal
- Try a DIY Zoo Playdough Kit
- Explore bugs and critters with your kids
- Jungle animal coloring sheets
- Zoo scavenger hunt
- Animals and their homes clip it cards
- Montessori science animal sorting activity with printable
- Arctic animal worksheets
- Habitat sorting game for kids
- Forest animals worksheets
- Nocturnal animals printable pack
- Carnival of the Animals in English and Spanish free pdf
- I Spy Animals worksheets
Preschool Theme Ideas
Looking for more preschool themes? You will love our ever growing themes complete with themed crafts, activities, math, literacy, and more ideas!
- Back to School Theme Preschool perfect for the first week of school
- Animal Theme for Preschoolers filled with fun Preschool Animal Activities
- Robot Preschool Theme with lots of Robot Activities for Preschoolers
- Colorful Rainbow Theme Preschool
- Get ready for a hoppin good time with this Frog Theme Preschool
- Easter Preschool Theme perfect for celebrating Easter in the spring
- Fun Pumpkin Theme Preschool for October
- Spring is here and it’s time to celebrate with a fun Picnic Theme Preschool
- Lots of fun Earth Day Activities for Preschoolers with this Earth Day Theme!
- Summer watermelon theme filled with watermelon activities for preschoolers
- Spring Theme perfect for pre-k and kindergarten age students
- Dinosaur Preschool Theme filled with HUGE fun for little learners
- Bug Theme filled with fun insect activities for preschoolers
- See all of our preschool themes!
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Letter for Crafts – we have a printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Simple free alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Preschool is a fun way to work on letter recognition while strengthening hand muscles
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Tons of Bingo Dauber Printables to use with bingo marker, do a dot markers, or circle stickers
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Super cute Transportation Playdough Mats are great for building hand muscles while having fun! Plus don’t miss all our free printable playdough mats for preschoolers
- Plus check out our huge list of recommended Books for Preschoolers by topic