Does your preschooler love animals? Then check out this amazing animal preschool theme! We have found so many really fun and creative animal theme activities for preschool! From zebra, giraffee, hippo, bee, lion, fish, rabbit, pig, and more animal crafts to loads of hands-on, outrageously fun animal activities for preschoolers! Your pre-k student will go wild over this preschool animal theme.
Animal Theme Preschool
Lions and Tigers and Bears of my! WE have found so many fun animal crafts for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Plus lots of animal math, animal science, and fun animal theme activities for preschool too! Whether you are looking for a week-long animal theme to use as a lesson plan or are just following your child’s natural interests they will love these animal activities for preschoolers.
Animal Theme Activities for Preschool
- Make a tropical blue Morpho Butterfly
- Create easy paper plate animal masks
- Try your hand at a paper plate lion
- Check out this paper plate ladybug (or ladybird)
- Make a paper plate giraffe
- And your kids will love this paper plate cat
- Don’t skip this paper plate hippopotamus
- Try your hand at a rocking paper plate bee
- Or make a paper plate frog with a moving tongue
- Turn pistachio shells into turtles
- Make chicks out of rocks
- And snowy owls from pine cones
- Save your children’s handprints by making a handprint bunny
- Or a handprint fish
- Quill a seahorse
- Make a monkey out of a mushroom
- Try a galloping zebra finger puppet
- Make a paper roll fish
- Your kids will love these free bird pattern block designs
- Practice color matching and counting with a handprint fish
- Count to 10 with farm friends counting cards
- Learn skip counting with forest animals slip counting puzzles
- Print these bee math worksheets
- Play a ladybug addition math game for even more math fun
- Count to 20 with dot-to-dot printables
- Love duplos, then check out the Lego Duplo Animal Alphabet
- Read an Ocean Animal Interactive Reader together
- Study antonyms with these fun animal puzzles
- Learn new words with baby farm animal puzzles
- Play an arctic animal sight-words game
Animal Activities for Preschoolers
- Learn how big a whale is with a fun science activity
- Create cardboard animals for small world play
- Enjoy butterfly art together
- Draw the missing half of insects
- Host an Animal Fashion Show
- Explore various animal habitats
- Compare forest and arctic animals’ habitats
- Learn how animals eat their food
- Make a zoo themed rice sensory bin
- Toss a dice and walk like an animal
- Try a DIY Zoo Playdough Kit
- Explore bugs and critters with your kids
- Jungle animal coloring sheets
- Zoo scavenger hunt
- Animals and their homes clip it cards
- Montessori science animal sorting activity with printable
- Arctic animal worksheets
- Habitat sorting game for kids
- Forest animals worksheets
- Nocturnal animals printable pack
- Carnival of the Animals in English and Spanish free pdf
- I Spy Animals worksheets
Preschool Animal Theme
Use one of these two options for using books in your animal theme:
- Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday.
- Or read your favorite book each of the week. Don’t worry about boring your kids as they love repetition so don’t worry about boring them!
Pick one or all of these 5 excellent books to read with your preschoolers:
Preschool Theme Ideas
Looking for more preschool themes? You will love our ever growing themes complete with themed crafts, activities, math, literacy, and more ideas!
- Back to School Theme Preschool perfect for the first week of school
- Animal Theme for Preschoolers filled with fun Preschool Animal Activities
- Robot Preschool Theme with lots of Robot Activities for Preschoolers
- Colorful Rainbow Theme Preschool
- Get ready for a hoppin good time with this Frog Theme Preschool
- Easter Preschool Theme perfect for celebrating Easter in the spring
- Fun Pumpkin Theme Preschool for October
- Spring is here and it’s time to celebrate with a fun Picnic Theme Preschool
- Lots of fun Earth Day Activities for Preschoolers with this Earth Day Theme!
- Summer watermelon theme filled with watermelon activities for preschoolers
- Spring Theme perfect for pre-k and kindergarten age students
- Dinosaur Preschool Theme filled with HUGE fun for little learners
- Bug Theme filled with fun insect activities for preschoolers
- See all of our preschool themes!
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Letter for Crafts – we have a printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Simple free alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Preschool is a fun way to work on letter recognition while strengthening hand muscles
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Tons of Bingo Dauber Printables to use with bingo marker, do a dot markers, or circle stickers
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Super cute Transportation Playdough Mats are great for building hand muscles while having fun! Plus don’t miss all our free printable playdough mats for preschoolers
- Plus check out our huge list of recommended Books for Preschoolers by topic