Have fun working on number sense with these super cute, low prep, Number Sense Puzzles. These free printable are a fun way to help preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age children learn counting 1-5, visualize, tally marks, finger counting, and number words.
Number Sense Puzzles
Number sense is ability to and flexibility to understand how numbers work and how they are applied in different situations. For instance, tally marks versus the number words or the number versus a ten frame. All of these things help contribute to a child understanding number sense. These free number sense puzzles are the perfect way for preschoolers and kindergartners to combine some of these elements into one!
Number Sense Activities
We included 5 different number sense elements to for each number, 1-5, of this puzzle. We included:
- Number Word
- Counting Fingers
- Tally Marks
- Dots On Ten Frame
Math Activities for Preschoolers
These counting to 5 can easily be prepped in just a few minutes and onto playing you’ll go.
You’ll only need a few supplies in order to prep this activity:
- Printer & Paper
- Laminator (Optional)
- Magnets and/or Velcro (Optional)
The first thing to do is print off the puzzle sheets. Each page is a different number puzzle. They are rectangle, though, so they can be put together if desired.
The next step is to cut each peice out separately. If you would like to laminate the puzzle pieces, this would be the time to do that.
Preschool Number Sense
You can easily play with each puzzle individually, eespecially at first. Children who are just being introduced to numbers could benefit from doing each number on it’s own.
For more of a challenge, you could mix all the pieces up together. The child would then need to separate the pieces before putting the puzzles together. This will also help strengthen sorting skills.
Another good idea would be to put velcro or magnets on the back of each puzzle piece. The magnets could then be used on a fridge, cookie sheet or dry erase board. The velcro could be used on a puzzle mat with velcro attached. This can be especially helpful for younger children!
Number Sense Printables
Looking for more fun, hands on and FREE Number Sense Activties to make learning fun for prek and kindergarten age kids? You will love these resources:
- Number Senes Owl Craft
- Printable Number Sense Worksheets
- 1:1 Correspondence Pumpkin Pies
- Spring Number Sense
- Once your students have mastered these, try our Number Sense 1-20 Puzzles
- April Showers Number Sense
- Number Sense Roll & Cover
- Roll a Farm Number Sense Activity
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Puzzles
Looking for more fun preschool math activities to work on counting? Try these FREE printable activities:
- Fish Cracker Counting Cards
- Turkey Math Craft
- Back to School Preschool Math
- Addition Clouds
- Ice Cream Addition Task Cards using Playdough
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Number Tracing Sand Castles
Download Number Sense Puzzles
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!