Kids will love this hands on, Free Printable Easter Egg Visual Discrimination Activity perfect for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age kids to do with plastic Easter eggs.
I just love Easter time! I love all the bright colorful eggs, the tasty Jelly Belly jelly beans, the brightly colored Easter baskets with bright green grass, the blooming daffodil and tulip bulbs, the trees filled with new leaves, and the freshly greened grass. It is warm outside and it beckons everyone outside after a long, cold winter.
We love to fill our days with fun, hands-on educational activities that make learning fun! This year I decided I needed to come up with a fun learning activity using all the plastic easter eggs I had laying around and that can be so inexpensively bought. I love getting things on clearance at the end of the holiday sale at Target! So I came up with this Easter learning activity perfect for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and grade 1 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, grandparent, daycare, or home preschool – you will love this easter activity for kids that work on math at the same time!
Visual Discrimination Activities
This visual discrimination activities for kindergarten is the perfect blend of a hands on educational activity and a free printable! Kids will have fun creating new Easter eggs in this Easter matching games for kids that focuses on helping preschoolers develop better visual discrimination.
Matching Games for Kids
Now print the pages in color on cardstock or laminate for durability. I like to store my easter cards in a large ziplock bag with the easter eggs so it is ready to whip out for a fun math activity for preschoolers during April. THis is great for extra practice, school at home, math centers, and an Easter theme learning activity.
Then cut the cards apart – each page cuts into 8 Easter matching cards.
Students will look at the picture and then take the plastic easter egg halves and combine them so they make the same pattern as the card. This is such a clever easter math activities for preschoolers.
Have students repeat with the next card until they have matched all the cards to an easter egg. This is such a great activity for helping kids learn colors, work on visual discrimination, and following directions. Kids will have fun playing this easter egg activities for kindergarten,toddlers, preschoolers, and prek.
All you need for this activity is a bag of regular Easter eggs in the traditional colors: yellow, orange, pink, blue, green, and purple. This is such a fun plastic Easter eggs activity!
Not only is this a fun Easter activity for kids that helps kids practice matching and visual discrimination, but it is also great for helping kids develop hand muscles and coordination too.
Easter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands-on, educational activites for toddler, preschool, kindergaten, grade 1, and grade 2 students to try during April? You will love these free printable ideas!
- BINGO Easter Game
- Super cute Easter Alphabet Mats
- Printable Bunny Ear Hat
- Practice Patterns with Plastic Easter Egg Activity
- Paper Bag Easter Craft
- Easter Printable Spelling Printable
- Easter Egg Homophones Game
- Printable Easter Color by Letter or Color by Number Worksheets
- Easter Craft Hats to Color by Number
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt Printable
- Printable Easter Craft
- Bunny & Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
Looking for more free easter worksheets, easter games, and other fun easter themed learning activities? You will love these clever ideas and free resources:
- Easter Egg Letter Tracing
- Count to 20 Easter Math Puzzles
- Egg Word Family Activities
- Easter Printable Tracing Pages
- Printable Mazes Easter Activity
- Easter Worksheets
- Sight Word Mazes Easter Worksheets
- Easter Interactive Hundreds Chart
- Phonics Easter Eggs Printable
- Easter Egg Fractions
- Number Tracing Strips to practice counting with jelly beans
- Easter Color Words Emergent Reader
- Easter Letter Matching
- Plastic Easter Egg Activity working on visual discrimination
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See our history lesson plans, free math worksheets, grammar worksheets, sight words activities, abc printables, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download Easter Egg Matching Game
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!