Sneak in some outgrageously FUN summer math with this hands-on ice cream activity. This ice cream math has preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children practice adding up scoops of ice cream to find the sum. All you need are the ice cream printables with the task cards and playdough. This summer printables helps introduce preschoolers to the concept of addition while having fun with playdough! Simply print pdf file with ice cream math games and you are ready to play and learn with this summer activity for preschoolers.
Ice Cream Math
This ice cream activity allows preschoolers and kindergartners to practice adding numbers to figure out the new total. This ice cream math is such a fun, hands-on summer math for keeping kids learning during the summer with an ice cream theme activity for parents, teachers, homeschoolers, summer camp, or summer activity for preschoolers. You will love that this is super LOW PREP. Just grab the ice cream printable and soe playdough (or large pompoms) and you are ready for preschool summer activities.
Ice cream counting printable
Ice cream math activities for preschoolers
This activity is a gentle introduction to preschool addition with a hands on ice cream addition activity using playdough! There are lots of extensions depending on your child’s age and interest.
Basically students will use the ice cream cone addition mat as a base to add their playdough ice cream scoops. Then preschoolers will look at one of the ice cream task cards to see what to scoop on the cone. This example shows 1 brown scoop and 1 pink scoop. Students will roll balls of playdough to represent each scoop and stack them on the cone.
Ice Cream Math Worksheets
Make this activity extra educational by narrating what they are doing using math terms. You have 1 chocolate scoop and are adding 1 strawberry scoop. Now you have 2 scoops altogether. Then pointing the scoops say 1 plus 1 equals 2. You have 2 scoops of ice cream on your cone. Pretty soon your young learner will start carrying on their own narrative using the new vocabulary you have given them.
Ice cream math activity
For older preschoolers or kindergartners completing this math activity you can choose to use the simple ice cream task cards or the task cards that show the addition math equation on the side.This preschool summer learning activity makes math fun with a hands on ice cream addition activity.
- Use the simple addition cards and then once they’ve completed the hands-on activity see if they can find the equation task card that matches their problem
- Set out the ice cream cone and playdough balls while narrating the equations. Now have students figure out what task card matches the activity.
- Have students play a matching game to put together the pair of task cards that set out the same equation.
Ice Cream Activities
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- Kids will go nuts over this edible ice cream sand castle summer snack for kids
- AMAZING, Edible ice cream play doh recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Color Matching Activity for your Ice Cream Theme
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages pdf
- Fun and EASY How to Make ice cream in a bag science experiment worksheet
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
- Try our delicious and EASY How to make homemade ice cream
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- EPIC Ice Cream Volcano
- Cute I Spy I spy ice cream
- Ice Cream Handprint Craft for toddler and preschool kids
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Bubble Wrap and Puffy Paint Ice Cream craft
- Ice Cream Name Craft with free printable template
- Simple, free printable Ice Cream Coloring Pages
Ice Cream Printables
- Work on tracing letter with these free Alphabet ice cream handwriting paper
- Delicious Alphabet Ice Cream alphabet printable Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Check out these Alphabet Mats for your Ice Cream Theme
- Free printable Alphabet Popsicles matching capital and lowercase letters nad beginning sounds too
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this fun letter tracing
- Match the upper and lowercase letter puzzles in this free ice cream game
- Kids will love building their ABCs with these popsicle stick letters free template
- Ice Cream Compound Word Puzzles or this other set of ice cream compound words
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this word endings worksheets and activity
- Printable Digraph Activities for first grade scooping Ice Cream
- Cut and paste sentences ice cream worksheets
- Popsicle Rhyme and Dab Summer Literacy Activity for Pre-k and Kindergarten
Ice Cream Worksheets
- Ice Cream Scoop Pattern Activity
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Worksheets
- Count to 10 free printable ice cream counting printable math craft
- Popsicle counting – free printable number sense puzzles
- Number Popsicles – count to 10 clip cards are a fun
- Scoop pom-pom ice cream and count 1-10 with this ice cream counting printable
- Ice Cream Worksheets Preschool – count and trace to ten
- Count to 20 as you build with your free printable ice cream sundae template
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN ice cream pattern printable and activity for kids
- Hands-on Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Free Printable Ice Cream Playdough Mats to learn shapes
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Printable Free
Ice Cream Math
Looking for more fun ways to learn this summer with popsicle themed activities? You will love these free printables:
- Free Printable Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Practice adding to 1o with this cute Make 10 Ice Cream Cut and Paste Activity
- Popsicle Division Puzzles with printable popsicle puzzles makes practicing math FUN
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Ice Cream for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Free Printable Place Value Ice Cream Cone
Preschool Math Activities
You may also enjoy these other great activities:
- Practice forming shapes with these FUN Road Shape Mats
- Addition Clouds Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Pirate Number Tracing Worksheets PDF
- Sandcastle Count & Trace Summer Theme Preschool
- Ice Cream Math Preschool Task Cards
- Fun, free printable Goldfish Counting Activity
- Hopping Numbers, Pirate Printables, Vegetable Cards
- Preschool Zoo Printables to play and learn with animal COOKIES
- Counting Activity for your Watermelon Theme
- Farm Animals Worksheets Trace the Numbers
- Super clever Spider Counting Activity
- Free Printable Dump Truck Counting Mat
- Zoo Animals Color by Number WOrksheets
- Number COloring Pages
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Days of the Week Worksheets
- Play and Learn with this Free Shape BINGO Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Counting Book Insect Printables for Preschoolers
- Super cute and FREE Fingerprint Counting Printables
- Free Printable Traceable Calendars (updated annually)
- Super Cute Playdough Number Mats
- Handy and super cute, Free Pattern Worksheets
Ice Cream Math Games
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!