Kids will have fun practicing forming shapes and learning shape names with these adorable, Free Monster Shape Playdough Mats. The adorable, silly monsters will make practicing tracing shapes or making shapes out of playdough a scary good time for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
Shape Playdough Mats
Learning what shapes are called and how to be form preschool shapes can be tricky for some students. This cute monster printable pack contains 10 shape playdough mats to help toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students learn their shapes! Use these shape mats with play dough or as a trace and erase shape activity, either way will provide wonderful practice tracing shape names and kindergarten shapes including: rectangle, circle, square, triangle, oval, heart, hexagon, pentagon, star, and trapezoids.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this math activity for preschoolers! Use this shape printable as extra practice as you do school at home, at a math center in your classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool math curriculum. Either way this educational shape activity is sure to make practicing this important math skill FUN!
Monster Playdough Mats
Start out by printing the shape playdough mats in color. The free playdough mats have just a splash of color to make them engaging and exciting for young learners, but still thinking about saving you on printer ink costs too.
I highly suggest you laminate the free shape mats for durability and to make these reusable. Finally, carefully use scissors to cut each page in half.
Because these cute monsters come in various colors, another easy extension to this activity would be to have students make their play doh shapes out of the same color as the monster on the shape card. If you’d like to add some color recognition to this shape recognition activity you will need the following colors: purple, pink, yellow, green, blue, red, teal, and orange.
To complete this playdough activity, grab whatever playdough you have on hand and form playdough shapes. You can either make ropes or pancake shapes to cover the various sizes of shapes on your playdough mat. We love using one of these amazing playdough recipes:
- This Kool Aid Playdough smells amazing and is super easy to whip together!
- WOW your kids with this amazing Color Changing Playdough
- You’ve got to try this Ice Cream Play Doh recipe that scoops, feels and tastes like ice cream! Yep, it’s edible!
- Short on time, this 2 ingredient playdough is so easy to make and feels super soft!
After you’ve made all the shapes on the monster printable, use a dry erase marker to trace the name of shapes. This is such a cute, hands on math activity for preschoolers learning shapes.
These adorable monster printables are perfect for engaging young learners.
Our favorite way to do this shape activity is with hands on playdough, but if you are short on time or supplies these can be used as Monster Trace and Erase Shape Worksheets too. This is a less work, and quicker shape practice activity that is equally fun and effective for practicing shapes!
Monster Activities for Preschoolers
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Monster Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Feed the Monster Printable
- Monsters Inc Slime
- Free Monster Memory Game
- Monster Math
- Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Monster Alphabet Letters
- Monster Counting with Google Eyes
- Fun Monster Preschool Theme
- Monsters Family Fun Night
- HUGE Monster Worksheets Pack (with silly Monsters University friends)
- 100 EPIC Monster Crafts for preschoolers
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more playdough mats? We’ve go you covered with so many clever FREE playdough printables:
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Playdough tools template for preschool
- Animals A-Z uppercase letter tracing
- Playdough construction math activities for preschoolers
- ice cream shapes printable
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Printable
- Pet Animal Playdough Mats
- Preschool Musical Instruments Playdough Cards
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Pumpkin Traceable Letters Playdough Mat
Download Monster Shapes Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!