Kids will have fun practicing counting to 20 with this super cute and clever counting activities. Use our free printable pattern cards with a fun robot theme for toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age children. This number count is a fun way to learn to count to 20 plus work on visual discrimination, patterns, and color recognition too!
Looking for a fun way to help toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners count 1-20, this Robot Counting Activities is a fun engaging counting activity kids will love. Learners will use gears or building snowflakes, and then match the colours of the gears with the colours shown on the strip, then build the robot! So this activity works on counting, visual discrimination, patterns, , and color recognition too!
Free Robot Printables
Print as many strip templates as you need for the number of students in your class. (Simply scroll to the bottom of the post and click on the text link. Then click on >> Download << to open and print the pdf file.) These cards can be laminated for durability but it is not necessary. You can differentiate these strips and use numbers up to 5 with some of your learners depending on their level.
Counting activities for preschoolers
Prepare and cut up the ‘robot gears’ you can place these in a mini tub along with robot gears. There are also black and white options. Be sure to have enough gears and strips. The students will then choose a strip, then find the matching coloured gears and build the robot to match the strip. They read the number on each strip of course before they begin matching and building. Watch the students as they do this – I like that this doubles as a colour matching activity. I got kids as young as 2 to simply match the coloured gears onto the strips before they began building them. Some kids will begin building their robots right away – that’s ok too. Just be sure they are doing this correctly. The gears you purchase can be used to connect and build just make sure that you buy the right ones that can do this too.
This is not only a great counting activity, it is also great way to work on one to one correspondence.
Counting games for preschoolers
These tasks can easily be differentiated with your learners. So have the younger kids work on placing the matching coloured gears onto the strips and the more advanced learners working on their counting skills on each strip.
This number activities for preschoolers is hands-on and perfect for kids to use when they need a refresher or some more counting games and activities. Kids will love counting and building using gears.
Count to 20
- Spring Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Bug Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Place Value Cards Printable Activity Counting to 20
- Monster Counting Mat 1-20
- Apple Seed Counting to Twenty
- Cute Penguin Counting Worksheet
- Gumball Counting Activity
- Hands-on Dominio Counting Game
- Strawberry Counting Activity
- Fruit Count to 20 Clip Cards
- Petshop Counting to 20 Worksheets
- Spring Counting Playdough Mats
- Dump Truck Counting Mat 1-20
- Counting Activities with Gears
- Cute Playdough Corn Counting Activity
- FREE Pearl Counting to 20 Worksheets Activity
Download Gears Counting Cards
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!