Learn shapes for kids with these FREE printable trace and erase shape mats for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age kids. These are tracing shapes worksheets to the next level because they are reusable allowing students to use them to trace the shape or as a shape playdough mat. Simply print pdf file with shape printables and you are ready to play and learn!
Learn Shapes for Kids
This shape activity is such a fun, simple way for kids to practice shapes for kids! There are lots of choices with these free shape printables. Toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners can trace with their finger or dry erase marker, complete with play doh, use as a template to complete with lego or stickers, and so many other ideas. THese are also hadny as shape flashcards or to use to go on a shape treatsure hunt. Each printable shape flashcard not only includes the cute shape, but the shape name too.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these handy, no-prep preschool shape activity to make learning fun. Use them at home or in a math center in your classroom.
Tracing shapes for toddlers
Print these super cute and simple shape printables. If you are going to use them as shape mats or to practice forming shapes you will want to laminate them to use a dry erase marker to wipe clean and repeat.
The 14 shapes included with these trace and erase shape cards are: circle, square, rectangle, heart, triangle, crescent, trapezoid, pentagon, hexagon, octagon, pentagon, heptagon, rhombus, and star.
Tracing shapes for preschoolers
Kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these silly faces, shape mats. Just trace with your finger or dry erase marker, wipe clean, and repeat!
Shapes for preschoolers
You can use these cards as shape mats and form the shapes with pipe cleaners.
Kids can use playdough to make shape pancakes or shapes out of ropes of playdough like in the featured image above.
Trace the shapes
A different way to practice shapes for kids is to uses these shape cards and top with lego pieces, circle stickers, or a variety of other material. This is such a fun, hands on math activity.
Looking for more fun shape printables and ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- FREE Shape Pattern Block Printables
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Shape I Spy Printable Activity
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
Shape Activity for Preschoolers
- I spy Shape Activity
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Shape Matching Wheel Activity
- Shape Buddy Preschool Shape Activities and Crafts
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Tracing Shape Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!