Make learning the days of the week for kids FUN with these gumball themed Days of the Week Printables. Use this printable days of the week with preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten, and first grade students to learn the days of the week. There are 3 different activities in this days of the week free printable to help kids really grasp the concept and learn the days. Simply download the days of the week printables pdf free and you are ready to make learning fun!
Days Of The Week Printables
Preschool is the perfect time to start teaching children about the days of the week. It can be difficult at first because some children at preschool age, still don’t totally understand the concept of time. If your child is asking, ‘what day is it?’, this is one clue that they may be ready to learn about weeks. Activities just like this days of the week printable set are perfect. These engaging days of the week activities for kids will not only help you introduce the names of the days but also help children practice. Even if children do not grasp the concept of time completely, knowing the days of the week in order will benefit them greatly when they do start understanding time. If pre k students don’t learn the days of the week, they will learn the days of the week activities for kindergarten
Free printable days of the week
Printable days of the week
Parents, teachers, and homeschoolers will that there are three different activities in this set. The first is a Gumball Days Of The Week matching game, a color by name rainbow, and a Yesterday and Tomorrow worksheet.
These three days of the week activities for kids can be prepared together or separate. They are SUPER simple to get ready. The first decision to make is if you want these activities to be used over and over, like in a classroom, or just one time.
Days of the Week printable free
Print the gumball machine page and days of the week gumballs in color on cardstock or laminate for durability if you will be using it in a classroom center over and over again. Print the color by code and free days of the week worksheet in black and white.
You will also need a writing utencil like pencil, colored pencils, crayons, markers, scissors and glue (if you want to permanently affix the gumballs in the candy machine).
Cut the gumballs out. Laminate all of the sheets and the gumballs. If you want to use velcro dots, use those on the back of the gumballs and in each white gumball.
Days of the Week Worksheets
The color by day name is just as it sounds. Use the chart at the bottom of the page to guide which colors go into which space: yellow, red, orange, green, light blue, and dark blue. When all is done, the picture will be adorably colored!
For the yesterday and today worksheet, work through the chart line by line. This is a perfect opportunity to talk about the days of the week, the order they are in and what comes before or after.
If you would like to make the preschool worksheets reusable, simply laminate the pages (or stick in a page protector) and have pre k students use dry erase markers or dry erase crayons to fill in the chart. Then wipe it clean and use again!
Calendar Printables for Kids
Looking for more calendar for kids to make learning about the days, months, and seasons of a year FUN for kids? Check out these free printable calendars resources:
- Hungry Caterpillar Days of the Week Printables
- Free printable Daily Calendar Worksheets for pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders
- Kindergarten Calendar Printable
- Sequencing Sticks Months of the Year Activities
- Season Spin and Free printable seasons worksheets (great for helping kid visualize how the days are in the months in the seasons)
- Free Printable Girl Superhero Calendar
- Superhero Calendar
- Gumball Days of the Week Printables
- Disney Printable Calendar 2021
- Free Printable Traceable Calendars 2021
- Star Wars Calendar 2021 Printable
- Days of the Week Worksheets
- Free Printable Coloring Calendar 2021
Looking for more fun, free preschool activities to learn a variety of skills? Check out these resources:
- Monster Shape Printable – use with play doh or dry erase mearkers
- Pirate Color by Number Worksheets are a great way to work on number recognition
- Number Tracing Sandcastles are perfect for not only counting by writing numbers too
- Count to 20 Hole Punching, Alphabet Muching is great for practicing counting and strengthening hand muscles
- Watermelon Seed Playdough Mats practice counting and using fine motor skills too
- Animal Cookies Count to 10 – play and learn with your food!
- Find the Letter Fish Aquarium fun
- Construction Phonics Game for emerging readers
- Upper and Lowercase Letters Matching Tools
- Flower Upper and Lowercase Letter Matching
- Free Printable Letter Crafts for Preschoolers
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages for learning vocabulary and phonemic awareness
- Ice Cream Patterns for Kids using play doh
Days of the Week Printables pdf free
Before you download your Frog-Themed Number Game Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.