This Counting Strawberry Seeds makes counting fun and exciting with a strawberry activities for preschooler! Easy-to-prep and perfect for both toddler, prsechool, pre-k, and kindergarten age studnets – this preschool strawberry craft can help a child learn and improve many important areas of development, like fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination and concentration. This strawberry preschool idea is such a fun preschool counting activities for summer.
Strawberry activities for preschoolers
Learning numbers and counting should be fun and exciting, especially for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners! While numbers can get a bit boring at times, with this Strawberry Craft, chidlren will be fully engaged and happy to learn. You’ll need just a short list of materials, a little prep and you’ve got a fun counting activities for preschoolers. This is the perfect strawberry activity to use as a summer activity for preschoolers!
Along with learning numbers and their quantities, when doing this activity kids are also learning many other skills. Fine motor skills are exercised and improved as the child holds the q-tip with their fingers. Hand-eye coordination is improved as the child stamps the seeds onto each strawberry. Concentration, diligence and independency are also widely exercised with this super fun and easy-to-prep activity.
Preschool strawberry craft
For this activity you’ll need:
- Cardstock (white, red and green)
- Craft scissors
- Washable kids paint (black)
- Black permanent marker
Start by drawing simple outlines of strawberries on the red cardstock (make each strawberry about 2″x 2″). Draw as many strawberries as you would like and using the craft scissors carefully cut out the strawberries (we did 5 strawberries).
Counting activities for preschoolers
Now on a piece of green cardstock draw simple greenery for each strawberry using the pencil and cut out.
Preschool counting activities
Next, glue the strawberries and the greenery onto a clean piece of white cardstock. Number each strawberry with the black permanent marker. You can do simple numbers for toddlers such as 1-5.
Prepare the washable kids paint and q-tips and you’re ready to go! Allow the kids to dip the q-tip into black washable kids paint and stamp the correct quantity of seeds onto each strawberry.
TIP- As you work with the child, have them name the number as well as count out loud. Counting out loud helps the child analyze, familiarize and memorize numbers!
Strawberry Craft Idea
Kids will have fun practicing counting to 20 with this fun, hands on math activity perfect for summer! Plus, it makes a cute summer craft at the same time!
Preschool Math Activities
You may also enjoy these other great activities:
- Practice forming shapes with these FUN Road Shape Mats
- Addition Clouds Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Pirate Number Tracing Worksheets PDF
- Sandcastle Count & Trace Summer Theme Preschool
- Ice Cream Math Preschool Task Cards
- Fun, free printable Goldfish Counting Activity
- Hopping Numbers, Pirate Printables, Vegetable Cards
- Preschool Zoo Printables to play and learn with animal COOKIES
- Counting Activity for your Watermelon Theme
- Farm Animals Worksheets Trace the Numbers
- Super clever Spider Counting Activity
- Free Printable Dump Truck Counting Mat
- Zoo Animals Color by Number WOrksheets
- Number COloring Pages
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Days of the Week Worksheets
- Play and Learn with this Free Shape BINGO Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Counting Book Insect Printables for Preschoolers
- Super cute and FREE Fingerprint Counting Printables
- Free Printable Traceable Calendars (updated annually)
- Super Cute Playdough Number Mats
- Handy and super cute, Free Pattern Worksheets