This Counting Strawberry Seeds activity makes counting fun and exciting! Easy to prep and perfect for both toddlers and preschoolers. This activity can help a child learn and improve many important areas of development, like fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination and concentration.
Preschool Counting Activity
Learning numbers and counting should be fun and exciting, especially for toddlers and preschoolers! While numbers can get a bit boring at times, with this Counting Strawberry Seeds activity kids will be fully engaged and happy to learn. You’ll need just a short list of materials, a little prep and you’ve got a fun counting activity!
Along with learning numbers and their quantities, when doing this activity kids are also learning many other skills. Fine motor skills are exercised and improved as the child holds the q-tip with their fingers. Hand-eye coordination is improved as the child stamps the seeds onto each strawberry. Concentration, diligence and independency are also widely exercised with this super fun and easy-to-prep activity.
For this activity you’ll need:
- Cardstock (white, red and green)
- Craft scissors
- Washable kids paint (black)
- Black permanent marker
Start by drawing simple outlines of strawberries on the red cardstock (make each strawberry about 2″x 2″). Draw as many strawberries as you would like and using the craft scissors carefully cut out the strawberries (we did 5 strawberries).
Now on a piece of green cardstock draw simple greenery for each strawberry using the pencil and cut out.
Next, glue the strawberries and the greenery onto a clean piece of white cardstock. Number each strawberry with the black permanent marker. You can do simple numbers for toddlers such as 1-5.
Math Activities for Preschoolers
Prepare the washable kids paint and q-tips and you’re ready to go! Allow the kids to dip the q-tip into black washable kids paint and stamp the correct quantity of seeds onto each strawberry.
TIP- As you work with the child, have them name the number as well as count out loud. Counting out loud helps the child analyze, familiarize and memorize numbers!
Kids will have fun practicing counting to 20 with this fun, hands on math activity perfect for summer! Plus, it makes a cute summer craft at the same time!
Looking for more fun math activities for preschoolers? Check out these fun ideas!
- Shape Scavenger Hunt using our shape flaschards to look for shapes with this fun shape game
- Cute Sandcastle tracing numbers 1-10 – practice counting and tracing numbers-1-20 with this super cute summer themed math activity
- Count to 10 Spider Counting Playdough Maths – kids will have fun practicing counting to 10 with these super cute playdough mats
- Do a dot printables numbers using bingo dauber markers are a fun way for kids to practice counting
- Dinosaur Roll & Cover number recognition games
- Super cute and CLEVER Fingerprint Counting Printables
- FUN Pirate Number Sense Activities
- Strawberry preschool counting activities – this art and math activity is perfect for summer learning
- Watermelon Counting Playdough Mats – kids will have fun using playdough to practice counting
- Goldfish counting printable – this clever activity allows kids to use goldfish to practice counting and one to one correspondence
- Lego Numbers Counting Activity for Preschoolers use duplo blocks to practice counting and include a space for tracing numbers 1-10
- Silly Worm counting activity for preschoolers with stickers
- Zoo Animals Color by Number Worksheets – these math worksheets allow kids to work on number recognition while revealing hidden pictures
- Printable Donut Counting Activity for Preschoolers and Kindergartners
- Number Mazes – fun Number Activity for Preschoolers learning numbers 1-5