These super cute shapes playdough mats are a fun, hands-on math activities for preschoolers!
Shape Worksheets for Preschool
It can be difficult for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade children to learn the names of all the shapes out there. There are a lot of shapes and they start to get really complicated with hexagon, octagon, decagon…. Let’s keep it simple. These fun, free printable, Shape Worksheets for Preschool are a great way to introduce your students to the basic shapes with see all around them every day.
Students will begin to recognize the differences in shapes – number of corners, number of sides, and and form of these common preschool shapes. I love that these free worksheets have a place for children to practice forming shapes, for learning the shape name, and also an example of a real world object of that shape – such a great visual for young leaners.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, daycare, or grandparent -these pre k worksheets are a great resource for teaching preschooler Shapes. Use them in a math center in your classroom, as an enrichment activity for math, summer learning, extra practice, or any other way you like.
There are 9 different shape mats for learning preschool shapes. Simply print in color and laminate for durability. Shapes in this free shape printable include:
Shapes Activities for Preschoolers
Each page has a splash of color in the border and picture of a real world item of that shape. Prek students will trace the shape word in dry erase marker to easily wipe clean and repeat.
HINT: If you prefer, you can use these preschool shapes mats with crayons, sticker,s duplos or any other materials.
Math Activities for Preschoolers
Finally, they will use playdough to make the shape in two sizes. They can make shape pancakes or roll playdough ropes and form the outline of the shape. This is a great activity to help kids work on shape recognition, an important preschool math skill, while strengthening motor skills. (We love using free playdough mats for learning a variety of concepts and vocabulary!)
Looking for more fun and free ideas to make learning fun for preschoolers? Check out these free prek worksheets:
- Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Printable Alphabet Letters for Crafts
- Letter Recognition Worksheets
- Apple Prek Worksheets
- Tracing Letters while learning animals names A to Z
- Road Shapes
- Super cute Printable Easter Crafts
- No prep preschool alphabet worksheets
- Super cute construction worksheets for pre k
- Free pumpkin activity printables to find the letter
- Super cute and FREE printable animal masks
Plus don’t miss our ABC Printables, math activities for preschoolers, learning preschool colors, fun preschool themes, tons of free playdough mats, cute preschool crafts, tons of free printable preschool worksheets, and many preschool book list.
Download Shape Printable
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!