Kids will have fun practicing counting to 20 with this super cute and clever counting activities. Use our free printable pattern cards with a fun robot theme for toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age children. This number count is a fun way to learn to count to 20 plus work on visual discrimination, patterns, and color recognition too!
Looking for a fun way to help toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners count 1-20, this Robot Counting Activities is a fun engaging counting activity kids will love. Learners will use gears or building snowflakes, and then match the colours of the gears with the colours shown on the strip, then build the robot! So this activity works on counting, visual discrimination, patterns, , and color recognition too!
Free Robot Printables
Print as many strip templates as you need for the number of students in your class. (Simply scroll to the bottom of the post and click on the text link. Then click on >> _____ << to open and print the pdf file.) These cards can be laminated for durability but it is not necessary. You can differentiate these strips and use numbers up to 5 with some of your learners depending on their level.
Robot preschool activities
Prepare and cut up the ‘robot gears’ you can place these in a mini tub along with robot gears. There are also black and white options. Be sure to have enough gears and strips. The students will then choose a strip, then find the matching coloured gears and build the robot to match the strip. They read the number on each strip of course before they begin matching and building. Watch the students as they do this – I like that this doubles as a colour matching activity. I got kids as young as 2 to simply match the coloured gears onto the strips before they began building them. Some kids will begin building their robots right away – that’s ok too. Just be sure they are doing this correctly. The gears you purchase can be used to connect and build just make sure that you buy the right ones that can do this too.
This is not only a great counting activity, it is also great way to work on one to one correspondence.
Counting games for toddlers
These tasks can easily be differentiated with your learners. So have the younger kids work on placing the matching coloured gears onto the strips and the more advanced learners working on their counting skills on each strip.
This number activities for preschoolers is hands-on and perfect for kids to use when they need a refresher or some more counting games and activities. Kids will love counting and building using gears.
Count to 20
- Spring Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Bug Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Place Value Cards Printable Activity Counting to 20
- Monster Counting Mat 1-20
- Apple Seed Counting to Twenty
- Cute Penguin Counting Worksheet
- Gumball Counting Activity
- Hands-on Dominio Counting Game
- Strawberry Counting Activity
- Fruit Count to 20 Clip Cards
- Petshop Counting to 20 Worksheets
- Spring Counting Playdough Mats
- Dump Truck Counting Mat 1-20
- Counting Activities with Gears
- Cute Playdough Corn Counting Activity
- FREE Pearl Counting to 20 Worksheets Activity
Plus don’t miss our huge Robot Worksheets Pack to make learning fun for kids!
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Learn the days of the week for kids with these super cute, free days of the week printables
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
- Grab these handy color flashcards for scavenger hunts, visuals, games, and more!
- Practice forming shapes with these tracing shapes for toddlers
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Preschool is a fun way to work on letter recognition while strengthening hand muscles
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Tons of Bingo Dauber Printables to use with bingo marker, do a dot markers, or circle stickers
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Super cute Transportation Playdough Mats are great for building hand muscles while having fun! Plus don’t miss all our free printable playdough mats for preschoolers
- Plus check out our huge list of recommended Books for Preschoolers by topic
Plus don’t miss our MANY preschool worksheets, fun alphabet printables, hands-on preschool math, clever ideas to learn colors, complete preschool themes, lots of playdoh mats, cute preschool crafts, and fantastic preschool books on our Preschool Play and Learn website.
Counting games for kindergarteners
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!