Have fun improving reading readiness with this fun smores themed rhyming words activity! This is a fun summer themed or camping themed activity for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
Rhyming Words Activity
These smores printables have such cute clipart and clever theming, it makes an engaging educational activity for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Plus, this free printable activity is low-prep too! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – your children will be excited for this learning activity!
One page of rhyming words contains just a picture of the rhyming words, while the second page contains the pictures as well as the name of the rhyming words for those who are unable to tell what the pictures are saying.
To use in a classroom or coop, you may want to laminate the rhyming mats and use this as a sorting activity with the option of using velcro dots or magnetic dots to make the activity reusable with many students. You can print as many of these mats and cards as you wish, or that you will need in your homeschool or classroom.
Rhyming Games for Preschoolers
These mats are a great way for helping children to learn and understand rhyming words. Once they have their S’mores Mat, they can then choose one card from the pile of rhyming words and place it on their mat. After repeating the word on the card, they will search through the rest of the cards, looking for the one that matches the card they have chosen.
They can continue until they have found all nine sets of rhyming words. If you print out two copies of the rhyming cards, they could also be used in other memory and matching games.
- Rainbow Rhyming Words Puzzles
- Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities
- Cooking up Rhymes Do a Dot Printables
- Butterfly Rhyming Games
- Rhyming Clip Cards
- Glue Puzzles – fun Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Printable Strawberry Themed Rhyming Cards
- Robot Rhyme Puzzle Game
- Winter Rhyming Puzzles
- Smores Rhyming Games for Preschoolers
- Beehive Rhyming Games for Preschool
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables
- Rhyme in December with these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
If you are looking to make a week of camping themed, smores activities, don’t miss these great resources:
- Letter C Printables for pre k to work on math, literacy, science, social studies, and more!
- Camping Counting Book
- Marshmallow Ten Frame Activity
- Camping Worksheets to practice math and literacy skills with prek / k
- Camping Tracing Strips to improve fine motor skills
Download Smores Rhyming Activity
Before you download your Watermelon Counting Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.